How many times did you change cabins between booking and sailing?

Gussie

I'll admit that we are now on our 5th cabin since our initial booking 1 month ago.... And I also have to admit that all the changes have been at my initiative, after asking questions here and checking availability on the cruise line site....

Do I hold the record for most cabin changes between booking and sailing?

We carefully choose our cabin and never let the cruiseline "upgrade" us - because we usually find the upgrade may be a higher floor, but a less advantageous location.

Our next cruise is an exception. We changed dates and cabins. And forgot to tell the TA we did not want upgrades. Well, they upgraded our sons to a room away from us and under the pool - where one can spend their early mornings listening the the moving of the chairs and the wheeling of the towel carts. We called and had them change the cabin back to the one we had originally chosen.

I just tried to switch because we are in a connecting stateroom and with a one year old I apologize in advance for the people next to us! We are cruising with my parents and they tried to get the room next to us but nope! The TA said not to switch because we could lose the D1 on deck seven altogether since there was just one room left. Not sure if that was true or she doesn't want to be bothered...

The most we've switched is three times, ending up with the fourth cabin. We booked a BD guarantee on the Grand Princess. We switched it to a BA when prices dropped. We ended up switching to a different BA when it became available and to a third BA when that one became available.

Don't worry Geoherb I am the same way! ;) So far we have switched dates cruise ships and even cruise companies. However my TA did get a huge commission upgrade from inside to a D1 balcony:D I think that I am just becoming obsessed with this cruise!

You are a TA's nightmare. Your best bet next time, is do the research...or have a good TA do it for you, BEFORE you book.

For those of you that think TA's appreciate the upgrade due to comissions.....Let me tell you, the extra $10-$20 bucks isn't always worth the work. I guarantee it.

Mrsfuzzmo-we are not talking about an extra 20 we are talking about five D1's! It was partially the TA's fault because she booked the wrong cruise and then tried to rectify it by throwing a Carnival offer at us. Then without realizing the babysitting times vs people with children in the party we booked Carnival to get it over with. Needless to say it is fixed now but considering my family spends about 56,000 a year traveling through her it was the least she could do...

As for the research we had to book fast and you try making 17 people happy with what each boat has to offer:(

I'll admit that we are now on our 5th cabin since our initial booking 1 month ago.... And I also have to admit that all the changes have been at my initiative, after asking questions here and checking availability on the cruise line site....

Do I hold the record for most cabin changes between booking and sailing?

I booked my June 2005 in April 2004 and I hane not made a cabin change. I simply booked the one I wanted the first time.

I have changed cabins three times. Once to upgrade, once to downgrade (but it was to an aft cabin), and then once to move that aft cabin down one level.

As far as being a TAs nightmare, it is my understanding that these changes are simple to do -- involving just a few keystrokes. My TA's response to my changes was that she wanted me to be happy and to have an enjoyable cruise.:)

I think this is part of a TAs job, otherwise why not just book with the cruiseline.

Well, if you count the prior date I originally had booked, I'm on my 6th cabin...I'm sure my TA hates me right now!

Originally booked a BB aft on the Grand for 12/3/05. I changed that one to an aft BB on a different deck when I found out the one I originally booked had a beam on the balcony. Then I decided to go for a mini-suite so I changed that one to an AD (E728 - prime real estate!).

Then I had to change the date to 4/2/05, and we booked an OV GTY, since that was all that was left. We put out name on the waitlist for a balcony. That came up, and we took a BC. Then a friend checked online and found a BA on Caribe available, so I called and changed to that cabin. It took forever, but I finally got the cabin I originally wanted!

I'm sure my TA's glad that I've stopped calling her. :) At least when we changed the date I got her an extra booking - my in-laws are coming with us now.

I only changed once, and I probably shouldn't admit this because I'll get into all kinds of trouble with people telling me it's impossible. BUT......I had booked a guarantee concierge cabin on Millenium. Got our assignment and it was very nice, mid-ship on the 9th deck. Well, by the time it was assigned I had done my homework and found out about the "secret" cabins, you know the ones with extended balconies and such. I checked and sure enough, one of them was available. Well folklore on the old cruise boards says, "you booked guarantee, can't make a change, better be happy with it". I decided to call my TA just to see if she could get me the other cabin. Guess what? BINGO!!!!! She called back 15 minutes later with my new "secret special" cabin assignment. No extra fee, no upgrade costs, no "too bad, you booked guaranteed".

I'll give my TA the credit, maybe she worked her own magic, but I was quite pleased!

Now I keep going back and forth on whether to keep the Sky Suite I have booked on my next cruise or just take the same Concierge secret cabin I had on the last one and was very happy with. Will save a bunch of $$$$, but it is a suite!!! - what to do??!! (oh - it's a secret suite too!!! Thanks to these boards)

Last weekend we changed our booking 2 times! I always check the prices on our cruise, and the "Senior Specials" started. We moved from an inside N (next to lowest category) to an outside. It was even $5 pp cheaper! Was happy, until . . . I looked at the prices for a D1 balcony! The price wasn't that much more pp, so e-mailed and called the TA, (they are closed on weekends) to tell her to move us on up! We are now in a balcony cabin! My DH has never been in one and is excited, too. I told him it was his birthday present. I am still keeping an eye on the prices. Never know what can happen in the next three weeks till we sail!

Michelle

Archived