Carnival - free cruise

dene52

We were given a letter of apology and a buy one, get one free cruise from Carnival because of a bad experience on our cruise on Glory last year. Has anyone every received this from Carnival, and if so, did you have any problems with Carnival getting your next cruise booked? Seems like they are really giving us the run around.

The letter says we have to book thru Carnival guest relations, etc. etc. After several phone calls over a period of a week, I finally spoke to someone who told me the booking request had to be sent to someone else. That was on Wed. I was told I would be faxed a confirmation -- haven't seen it yet. Will have to start trying to get thru to them by phone again tomorrow.

I am beginning to think they make it so difficult and frustrating that you just give up on trying to book the free cruise. I AM NOT GIVING UP!!!

They also gave us a letter stating we have $200.00 in ship board credits. I wonder if we will get the same hassle when we try to use those ?!??!

A few years ago we were given a "free" Carnival cruise as part of a promotion when we joined a local gym. We tried several times to book the cruise, but always the dates were "not available". We never were able to take the cruise. It was not that big a deal to us because we didn't join the gym because of the promotion, it just happened to be a "benefit" at the time of enrollment. I hope you have better luck than we did with Carnival.

I was just faxed our cruise confirmation from Carnival. First, the charge for the cabin is more per person than if we booked it elsewhere (but then we are getting one of them free) -- but the room they gave us is nowhere near the one we requested.

So, I have started AGAIN trying to contact Carnival. Called one number, it was disconnected. Called the agents extension, someone else answered and said - oh, you need to talk to Shelly, here is her ext. #. I said that is what I called...she said I will transfer you. She did, I got a voice mail and left a message.

I am fed up with Carnival....think I will have to resort to calling the credit card company and just cancel the whole thing. But I hate to do that -- I mean it is a free cruise with $200 shipboard credits.

Try contacting my carnival personal vacation planner. She was great to work with and hopefully can help you. Her number is: 1-800-819-3902 ext 82857. Elizabeth Rodriguez. Email: erodriquez4@carnival.com. I hope she can help you. I had "cruise dollars" that I had to use last year and she helped me out.

Good Luck.

Pyro

Archived