RSSC Explorer - Concierge Suites

HongKongAlan

Hi all

First time cruiser and looking to book the above ship and suite type. Hope its a good choice.

A question, if I look at the cabin layouts on the RSSC website the Concierge suites seem not to have any furniture on the balconies. This is as opposed to the Penthouse cabins layout which shows chairs and a table on the balconies. Does anyone know if the Concierge suites do come with balcony furniture?

Thanks

Alan

Hi all

First time cruiser and looking to book the above ship and suite type. Hope its a good choice.

A question, if I look at the cabin layouts on the RSSC website the Concierge suites seem not to have any furniture on the balconies. This is as opposed to the Penthouse cabins layout which shows chairs and a table on the balconies. Does anyone know if the Concierge suites do come with balcony furniture?

Thanks

Alan

Here's a picture of a Concierge Suite balcony: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50517185&postcount=116. As you can see, there are two chairs, a table and a lounger on the balcony. Hope this helps.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference between the F suites and the Concierge suites? Is there a physical difference or is it mostly amenities?

Mostly amenities, the biggest of which, IMO, is being able to book excursions and restaurants sooner rather than later. Based on what I saw when we were on the Explorer, Pacific Rim is very popular so it is worth booking it as soon as reservations open. In terms of the suite, the suites are the same size but the balconies are larger in the concierge suite!

Mostly amenities, the biggest of which, IMO, is being able to book excursions and restaurants sooner rather than later. Based on what I saw when we were on the Explorer, Pacific Rim is very popular so it is worth booking it as soon as reservations open. In terms of the suite, the suites are the same size but the balconies are larger in the concierge suite!

TC, thanks. The bigger balcony would be nice but not critical. I'm thinking the early booking isn't any earlier than SSS booking dates, right? I probably should have asked these questions before we booked a pair of Explorer cruises (although we did manage to book one of the 'angled balcony' suites for our August sailing).

Hi all

Thanks

Alan

Alan, I think this is an excellent choice. Though I have not yet stayed in a Concierge Suite, the interior layout is the same as the F1 and F2. I have stayed in 732 and 735 near the forward elevators and loved the location (especially 732). I would recommend staying closer to the forward 4 elevators, never a wait time. If you're Aft, there are only 2 elevators and IMO just not as convenient a location. I would not recommend the PH's. The bathroom and closet in PH is quite disappointing. If you choose F1, F2 or Concierge you'll be a happy cruiser... and yes, there is definitely furniture on the balcony as others have mentioned. The balcony for concierge is a bit larger than on F1 and F2.

Edited by petlover

Agree with Marcie. We have been in a concierge suite and it is the same as the F1 and F2 (except for amenities and balcony). We also prefer them to the PH suites. It is interesting to note that the bathroom sink area is much larger in the superior/concierge suites than in the Seven Seas or Master Suite.

For our upcoming Panama Canal cruise on Explorer, a concierge suite looked perfect for us on our 8th Regent Cruise. I love the layout of the F1 cabins. Because we want to (as usual) come to embarkation a day early, Concierge allows us to avoid "deviation" fees, get a hotel room for the night, breakfast, and a transfer of our many bags to the ship. We are coming directly home upon embarkation! We went with Cabin 609 to have easy access to the forward elevations and also the stairs to Coffee Connection. Hoping that the large balcony is a plus for the PC transit.

• 1 month later...

On the Explorer right now. The toiletries are still done by L'Occitane, but a different "flavor" from before. "Mer et Mistral" (Sea and Wind?..or something like that). It's bluish in color. I've been happy with the shampoo and body wash. Also have a little aluminum (colored) bottle that has a lavender scented bubble bath. I like them better than the previous Verbana, but that's just me.

HongKongAlan - sorry to jump on your thread with a question of my own but I was happy to see you started an Explorer thread pertaining to the Concierge Suite. We are very excited to be making a return to Regent and have made a booking for 2017 and selected a Concierge Suite on deck 10 with the extended balcony.

Is anyone able to provide first-hand information or photos of the balconies in this area of the ship, in particular on deck 10? In looking at images of the ship it appears the balconies for these suites are exposed in part to the open sky which presumably provide great light to the cabin. I am a little concerned about privacy from above given the design of the balcony and the 'pop out' from the side of the vessel. I notice the deck 11 pool area seating extends over the location of these suites. How much of a compromise would it be with regards to privacy? Can you stand at the windows on deck 11 and look down onto the balconies of those suites (1024/1026/1028/1030)?

If privacy is compromised would any of your experienced Explorer guests recommend grabbing a Concierge on deck 9?

Thank you

Ashley

HongKongAlan - sorry to jump on your thread with a question of my own but I was happy to see you started an Explorer thread pertaining to the Concierge Suite. We are very excited to be making a return to Regent and have made a booking for 2017 and selected a Concierge Suite on deck 10 with the extended balcony.

Is anyone able to provide first-hand information or photos of the balconies in this area of the ship, in particular on deck 10? In looking at images of the ship it appears the balconies for these suites are exposed in part to the open sky which presumably provide great light to the cabin. I am a little concerned about privacy from above given the design of the balcony and the 'pop out' from the side of the vessel. I notice the deck 11 pool area seating extends over the location of these suites. How much of a compromise would it be with regards to privacy? Can you stand at the windows on deck 11 and look down onto the balconies of those suites (1024/1026/1028/1030)?

If privacy is compromised would any of your experienced Explorer guests recommend grabbing a Concierge on deck 9?

Thank you

Ashley

My concern would be the noise from the pool deck on deck 10. We were under the pool deck on one of our Regent cruises and would not do it again.

Must say, however, that the F2/F1 and Concierge Suites (identical except for the balcony) are lovely!

Not sure there's too much advantage of an F1 vs an F2, at least from what I've seen online. We haven't sailed Explorer yet, but have two bookings coming up, one in cabin 705 (an F2) and one in 911 (also an F2 but one of the 'angled balcony' suites) - I think proximity to stairs/elevators would be a determining factor, but honestly, the ship isn't that big that getting from point A to point B is an issue. In rougher seas, midships on a lower deck would be better if you have motion issues. Frankly, I'd sail in any cabin just to be on board.

:D