Oceana aft mini suites advice

Gymbod

We are thinking of trying Oceana this summer and prefer aft cabins/suites. Can anyone help with advice on the aft mini suites, which deck is best, for size, balcony, noise etc. At present they are all available. Many thanks Karen

We are thinking of trying Oceana this summer and prefer aft cabins/suites. Can anyone help with advice on the aft mini suites, which deck is best, for size, balcony, noise etc. At present they are all available. Many thanks Karen

Hi Karen,

I have had a midship mini & have stayed in a full aft suite on Oceana (C749) & it's amazing with a HUGE balcony.

However, prior to booking the full suite on Oceana I asked lots of questions & have retained the following email that someone very kindly sent me ...

There is definitely a difference in the aft suites and mini suites according to which deck you choose. We had C747 on Oceana, which is a mini. I can give you the measurements for the aft minis (note the midship minis are totally different with long narrow balconies).

B Deck aft minis 365 sq.ft. including balcony @ 6ft x 15ft 6ins

C Deck aft minis 563 sq.ft. including balcony @ 10ft x 16ft.

D Deck aft minis 413sq.ft. sorry don't have balcony measurements.

You can see why we chose C Deck.

The 2 full suites on C deck have HUGE balconies. So if you have a choice go for C deck. We loved being in the aft mini, in fact we had already been in the same cabin on Adonia and opted for the same one on Oceana.

The midship minis are more like two cabins side by side. They have a door out to the balcony from the sitting area and the bedroom area but, as I say, the balconies are very narrow in those cabins.

I hope this helps.

Joan

Hi

Yes can definately recommend C deck.

We stayed in C 746 (full suite)!several times, and once got friendly with the neighbours who had the mini suite...C747

We had a look round theirs, and it great. They have the bigger balconies..similar to C deck on azura/Ventura, but being at the back the main thing that we loved was the sun stayed there for most of the day, rather than being in the side of the ship, where you either get it one side or another.

We went for the full size suite as we had family in nearby cabins, and this enabled us to all to chill out together on our balcony, but if there was just the 2 of us, I would be more than happy with the mini suite.

Definatlly go for it....and also the balconies are not easily overlooked either on C deck.

Have a lovely time, , we loved the Oceana, and have been on her 3 times, in fact enjoyed our first caribbean cruise on her back in 2007.

We have stayed in C747 mini on Oceana and loved it. A nice hallway when you enter the cabin. Good sitting room area and wet bar.

A huge balcony and great layout for the bathroom with the toilet in a separate area.

Agree - C deck aft minis are the biggest, either C747 or C744 - we have stayed in both - C747 being our favourite - not sure why just like the layout that way round. We will be back in C747 in May. We too have had the full suite on Oceana, again huge on C deck. The aft minis are much larger than the full suites on Azura or Ventura. Well worth it!