Self Disembark and Taxi questions

cruisefan2012

I plan to self disembark from Azura in October - I havent done this in a LONG time - Do I still keep my luggage with me on the last night in my cabin to then wheel it off with me on the last morning?

When I have self disembarked previously, I`ve always set my alarm for 6am, give me time to get ready and pack up the last few things, get breakfast (in the main dining room - a much more civilised affair... )

What time does self disembark start on Azura now (I havent sailed on her since 2013) Is it usually from 7am?

Also does anybody know how much roughly a taxi from Ocean Terminal to Southampton Airport will cost? how long is the journey? I`m weighing up the options of a taxi from the terminal to Southampton Central OR a taxi direct from the port to the airport - Although now I think I would sooner get a taxi as it would be much quicker and easier, aslong as I`m at the airport by at least 8am I`m happy

I have a 9am flight from Southampton to Glasgow with Flybe - I have only missed 1 flight in about 60 with flybe and that was because it was my fault... The next flight after that is at 4:20pm... I dont want to have to go via a London airport - althought I think I may have too - That would get me to Glasgow far to late for getting into the city, getting dinner and going to the theatre show I plan to see.

Be interesting to hear different views

Edited by cruisefan2012

Personally think that 9am is pushing it a bit. You will be very lucky to disembark at 7-7.30ish then get through possible hold up in customs and then get a taxi and go through rush hour traffic in Southampton and get to the airport for 8am. It is of course your choice but a hell of a risk plus there is always a chance of late arrival into Southampton which has happened to us a few times.

See if you can swap to the later flight. Leave your bags somewhere and do the Titanic Walk or spend a bit time looking around. Something to eat and you will feel more relaxed. I too think you are pushing it to get to the airport by 8am. If you are allowed to disembark earlier you might make it.

We self disembarked from Azura in June, will certainly do it again, very easy. Yes you still keep your suitcases with you overnight. Shouldn't be much hold up at customs that early, we breezed through. I think you've made the right decision to change your flight though, 9am would be pushing it.

We weren't rushing as we had our car at Southampton but we were off the ship by 8am.

When I have self disembarked previously, I`ve always set my alarm for 6am, give me time to get ready and pack up the last few things, get breakfast (in the main dining room - a much more civilised affair... )

The MDR final morning breakfast set up has changed fairly recently. They now seem to be running two sittings for breakfast on the last day. They open up at quarter to (7 or 8?) for fifteen minutes then close doors and lock everyone out. They re-open at quarter to the next hour and lock them again on the hour. You need to be aware of this newer procedure for MDR last day. It is published in the Horizon Newsletter but many people assume it opens as per normal and do not get in the appropriate queue.

Regards John