Cloud 9 spa balcony stateroom on Dream?

4evercruiser

Hello, everyone!

My hubby and I are thinking about possibly booking the Carnival Dream next November out of Port Canaveral. My question is has anyone ever stayed in a Cloud 9 spa balcony stateroom and can give us some info? Are there any special amenities or perks that go along with having this particular stateroom?

Thanks.

Hello, everyone!

My hubby and I are thinking about possibly booking the Carnival Dream next November out of Port Canaveral. My question is has anyone ever stayed in a Cloud 9 spa balcony stateroom and can give us some info? Are there any special amenities or perks that go along with having this particular stateroom?

Thanks.

My husband and I stayed in a Spa balcony in October. You have unlimited use of the thelossial (sp) pool, both steam rooms and the relaxation rooms (there is a specific name, but these rooms have tiled chaise lounge chairs and are heated. They are so relaxing. You have special use of the private locker rooms. You do not get discounts on any of the spa services.

We found it kind of annoying having to exchange your sail and sign card for a spa key card.

Overall we did enjoy it as it was our first cruise, however we probably would not book that category again.

We stayed in one and loved it. Decorated slightly different then the rest of the ship- plus on a shorter hall- felt like we had more attention from our room stewards. Room comes with sample size products sold in the spa. While I wasn't moved to buy them- they beat the standard products put in the other cabins. Wristband access to certain sections of the spa. We didn't use them as much as we thought we would- but nice knowing it was there. We'd love our spa cabin so much on the Dream- it's our new favorite location on the ship. Great access to the open decks with quick access to elevators/stairs. As it's the spa area- once it closes in the evening- very quiet location. Best feature was the openness of the balcony. While some have correctly pointed out those above deck can look down on you- on the Dream the above area is the serenity section- so it's not kids or people out of hand. All week we saw people above us twice- spoke to them both times and we both we're on our way. Can't say enough about the cabin and location- go for it!

My husband and I stayed in a Spa balcony in October. You have unlimited use of the thelossial (sp) pool, both steam rooms and the relaxation rooms (there is a specific name, but these rooms have tiled chaise lounge chairs and are heated. They are so relaxing. You have special use of the private locker rooms. You do not get discounts on any of the spa services.

We found it kind of annoying having to exchange your sail and sign card for a spa key card.

Overall we did enjoy it as it was our first cruise, however we probably would not book that category again.

Thanks for info

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I are non-smokers so were thrilled to learn about the Spa Staterooms on the Dream. The room was wonderful and the extra's were great. We enjoyed the Spa several times. However, we were not pleased with the open balcony. There were crowds above us when we departed with people hanging overhead and dripping drinks on us. Every morning we found debris on our deck - cigarette butts, banana peel, etc. One evening we were trying to enjoy our balcony and there was a couple making out hot and heavy above us. We know they saw us, but apparently didn't care. Another morning we were trying to enjoy the balcony and a couple was just overhead talking. Our balcony was anything but private. During the day it was so hot we couldn't stay outside for long periods of time. Our cruise was in June. Other than that, we had a wonderful time on our cruise. We have been on the Conquest which we enjoyed very much, on the Spirit on an Alaskan Cruise in August which amazing, will be leaving in a couple of weeks for a cruise on the Miracle and have a cruise scheduled in April on the Triumph. ;)

Archived