Hotel near Port Everglades

shadbrew

If cost is a factor, you will end up overpaying if you limit yourself to a hotel with a shuttle. Taxis are cheap and you are better off bidding on a hotel on Priceline and just taking a taxi if the hotel does not have a shuttle. Just bid on an airport hotel if you really want to save money or a downtown hotel if you don't mind paying a bit more and are arriving early enough to bum around town.

Hi Shadbrew,

I have friends and family in Fort Lauderdale... they ALL told me the same thing when I was looking for a Hotel near the Port. Those that offer FREE Shuttles generally are not the best hotels... they offer these perks to attract Travellers & Cruisers who haven't necessarily done a lot of research.

Better Hotels don't need to offer these kinds of perks... because they can fill up just based on the fact that they are GREAT accommodations !! (And many of the best places book up quickly)

The Airport and the Port are not that far apart. Taxis will not cost you a fortune.

I suggest that you check in with TripAdvisor (Cruise Critic's sister website dedicated to Trip Planning) to see how Hotels are rated... you'll quickly see what I have been told is true... most of the places that are offering Shuttles to and fro aren't the best rated.

TripAdvisor Fort Lauderdale = http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g34227-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida-Hotels.html

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

I'm paying $100 for the night our cruise returns (Dec. 26) at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. It's not right on the beach, but it is the port's Avis location. We'll take the Avis free shuttle from the port to the hotel, rent a car (to get to the Miami airport the following day) and staying over night.

We stayed at Holiday Inn Express Cruise/port. Free shuttle from airport and to ship(though i think they charge now for to the ship) also free breakfast buffet. It was clean and comfortable with fabulous German resturant next door and a grocery right across the street to get last minute soda or water.

If cost is a factor, you will end up overpaying if you limit yourself to a hotel with a shuttle. Taxis are cheap and you are better off bidding on a hotel on Priceline and just taking a taxi if the hotel does not have a shuttle. Just bid on an airport hotel if you really want to save money or a downtown hotel if you don't mind paying a bit more and are arriving early enough to bum around town.

Agree with Gonzo, additionally, the shuttles are often full and if you take a taxi you go when you want to go. Most experienced cruisers in FLL do not take shuttles or ships transfers but simply use the taxis which generally cost about $15.

We stayed at Holiday Inn Express Cruise/port. Free shuttle from airport and to ship(though i think they charge now for to the ship) also free breakfast buffet. It was clean and comfortable with fabulous German resturant next door and a grocery right across the street to get last minute soda or water.

We stayed here, paid for shuttle to port, just as the shuttle was loading a taxi pulled up. We asked him about the price of taxi to port. He would have been cheaper than the cramped, crowded, shuttle!

Hi there,

This past April, we also flew to Ft Lauderdale and cruised on the Solstice out of Port Everglades. We opted for the Best Western Airport/Cruiseport and were happy with our choice. There is a strip Mall with a Publix grocery store and several places to eat within walking distance....there are also many other restaurants close by which will deliever. Shuttle service to and from the airport was free.....They did charge $8 per person to the cruise port which we gladly paid.....Also, they will only shuttle to the cruiseport and not from the cruiseport. If you are planning to Sign up for this service started at 3:00 PM the day before and they load the shuttle in the order of sign up. In other words if you sign up right at 3:00, you'll be on the first shuttle from the hotel to the cruiseport. I also agree with the poster who said you can also look at hiring a Taxi to take you over as the price very may might work out to be less per person than the shuttle. There is also another shuttle service called 'All Stars' which will shuttle you to and from the cruiseport but I'm not sure of the cost.

We did enjoy the Best Western...For a reasonable rate, it met our needs in terms of a place to stay and airport/cruiseport transportation.

Hope this helps!

Soleil

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn Dania Beach. It has free shuttle from the airport and also free shuttle to the port. It has a nice pool and breakfast, along with clean rooms. It has a grocery store across the street and a Walgreens across the parking lot. It has a fridge and microwave in the room, so we walked to the grocery store, bought some frozen meals for supper and had a relaxing time in the room (add some wine as needed). We knew we were going to overeat for the next week, so we didn't want to stuff ourselves the night before. There are restaurants within walking distance for those who choose to eat there.

The next morning, we got up and walked to the beach. It is about a 2 mile walk, but there are sidewalks the whole way. It was lovely weather and we enjoyed the exercise. What a great way to spend the morning!!

The price has always been reasonable and it is certainly all someone needs before a heavenly cruise!

Since we are driving in Ft lauderdale we stay at the Holiday Inn on Sheridan. $123 with parking included, breakfast, shuttle to Pier. Easy to get to. Likewise Hyatt Doral has been pleasant for Miami. Parking included, breafast and shuttle to and from port. Drawbacksnot close to beach. The $123 is current as we sre staying there Dec 11. The parking is a plus for us. Rooms have been large and clean.

We used Thank You points to endulge on our pre-cruise stay next month by trying the Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa. It will be our first try there but the Sunday Brunch before we head to Port Everglades made perfect sense since boarding and all does require some decent calories...plus we wanted the pampering started first thing.

I've used Embassy Suites on at least my last 3 cruises and yes, it's nice, it's convenient, breakfast bar is nice...but the rooms are in need of remodeling and freshening up...to us, it's gotten dated.

We found the Holiday Inn Express very good, we used the phone in arrivals to call them and they were very prompt. Even allowing for the cost of a taxi to the port (we used the shuttle and were very happy with it) it was a good deal and a great location. We ate in Bimini Boatyard and like others we did some shopping precruise (our 2 bottles of wine and some medication we buy in supermarkets in the US but cannot get without a prescription in the UK)

Staff were very pleasant, breakfast was more than enough given that we would be gorging on the ships buffet by lunchtime and our room was more than adequte for 3 of us and very clean

Any help in shuttle to South Beach Miami from Fort Lauderdale Airport. We are going to south Island Miami for 2 days before leaving PortEverglade on the equinox and need help with either getting taxi or Shuttle bus to the City

Archived