Royal Caribbean's Newest Cruise Ship to Offer Skydiving, Bumper Cars and Studios with

LauraS

I'm at work and just got out of a meeting and, unfortunately, didn't get to see any of the news release. I tried skimming through a few of the other threads, but there is so much feedback that it's hard to get a real handle on the announcement without taking the time to truly skim through all the pages.

For those of us who are stuck at work and don't have time to skim through dozens of pages to get to the dirt. Can someone summarize what we will see on the Quantum? ANY and ALL information you have is great (not just the wow factors, but any details is appreciated). Did they announce any restaurants? Did they announce the Broadway Show? Again, ANY details would be FABULOUS.

Eagerly awaiting the details :):):):)

Awesome!

Sky diveing ,bumper cars and 303ft observation bubble!

80 inch virtual balconeys on inside cabins

Also the venue at the back of the ship 270? WOWOWOW.

Stu K

Sky diving simulator

10 person viewing pod mounted to a swinging arm that will go over the side of the ship with 360 degree views from 300ft above the water.

Bumper cars at sea

Indoor Basketball Court

Virtual Balcony views for inside cabins on an 80 inch viewing screen (will be live views)

the 270Degree Entertainment venue

ME!

I've never been one for ice skating. Hub and I lasted about 30 seconds at an ice rink before we decided we like our ankles too much to risk it, but roller skating? Finally!

That Eye-crane actually looks amazing. And as far as the bumper cars, that's a lot of maintenance that RCI may not want to do. I'll bet it won't make it past the first dry dock.

I'm most excited to get the kids on the bumper cars at sea, and I can't wait to finally try one of those sky diving simulators! The inside cabin simulated windows are neat but I couldn't imagine sailing without a balcony.

so do we get our balcony discount on the virtual balcony rooms:D

Now I have to decide between my Oasis TA or maiden voyage of Quantum:confused:

Probably no balcony discount.. but I wonder how many people will "Fall Off" their Virtual Balcony. :eek:

Well, I like Royal Caribbean, but some of these "innovations" don't sound that great to me.

North Star: First of all I can get a 360 degree view of the ocean from over 200 feet up just by walking around the top deck. Raising the height a bit isn't going to change the view much. Second, I hope they take reservations, because I would hate to be the 27th person in line and half to wait a half hour for my turn.

RipCord: This one sounds interesting and I put it on par with the Flowrider.

SeaPlex: Circus school sounds interesting, bumper cars does not.

virtual balcony: Sounds like a good addition to the inside cabins. Kind of expands the promenade view cabin idea.

Probably no balcony discount.. but I wonder how many people will "Fall Off" their Virtual Balcony. :eek:

I wonder how long it will take for the virtual cigarette smoke to blow over to my virtual balcony from next door? :eek:

The Quantum certainly looks interesting and I look forward to cruising on it or its sister one day.

But since we live in Florida it is unlikely that we would ever go to the trouble to fly to the New York area to board the ship.

We are 90 minutes from Port Canaveral and 4 hours from Port Everglades by car.

Archived