Table Tennis

Bumpy ride

Hello first time poster here so be gentle.

Travelled several times on numerous ships with numerous companies but find ourselves returning to P@O.

Our next trip is onboard Azura in July to the Med and was interested to know if it's true that there is now only one "table tennis" table onboard.

I have also expressed concern to P&O customer services about the low 66% score and recent negative reviews regarding food and service.

As yet I have had no reply from their 72hr promised response time. However it was only 2 weeks ago I contacted them.

Ok rant over I'm still looking forward to the trip but with eyes wide open.

Hello first time poster here so be gentle.

Travelled several times on numerous ships with numerous companies but find ourselves returning to P@O.

Our next trip is onboard Azura in July to the Med and was interested to know if it's true that there is now only one "table tennis" table onboard.

I have also expressed concern to P&O customer services about the low 66% score and recent negative reviews regarding food and service.

As yet I have had no reply from their 72hr promised response time. However it was only 2 weeks ago I contacted them.

Ok rant over I'm still looking forward to the trip but with eyes wide open.

I'll try and be gentle.

There is only one table tennis table. Not normally over used.

There are negative reviews and there are also plenty of positive reviews. I really don't know what response you would expect P&O to make as regards the reviews. Deny them or agree with them?

If you were concerned about these issues then I really can't see why you booked it in the first place. If you start off with a downer on P&O then you probably won't enjoy it.

We have been on many cruises on Azura and really enjoy the food and find the service excellent and very friendly. There are plenty of activities and entertainment onboard and some we enjoy and some isn't our cup of tea but that's exactly what we expect. We love it and appreciate that there are people who don't. Is that not the same with most things?

Only one table for a ship that size! Even Adonia has 2.

Table tennis is the only on board activity/entertainment we use and we play quite a lot.

This would certainly make me think twice about booking on Azura.

Only one table for a ship that size! Even Adonia has 2.

Table tennis is the only on board activity/entertainment we use and we play quite a lot.

This would certainly make me think twice about booking on Azura.

I don't wish to sound critical (although I probably do!) but I can't help wondering why you are going on a cruise if table tennis is the only form of activity or entertainment you will use. There is so much more to enjoy on board and so many of us like to try something new or different that we wouldn't normally do.

I don't wish to sound critical (although I probably do!) but I can't help wondering why you are going on a cruise if table tennis is the only form of activity or entertainment you will use. There is so much more to enjoy on board and so many of us like to try something new or different that we wouldn't normally do.

In reviewing the OP's remarks...I didn't notice any remarks about "table tennis is the only form of activity or entertainment" he would use??? :):):):)

In reviewing the OP's remarks...I didn't notice any remarks about "table tennis is the only form of activity or entertainment" he would use??? :):):):)

Absolutely - but then as shown by my "quote" I wasn't responding to the OP but to cliveP....

• 1 month later...
Any update from anyone on this subject of how many tables will be available ?

Going by our Azura cruise 2 years ago, definitely only one table tucked away in a covered area linking the two pools. As our cruise was in school holidays the table was heavily used, although interestingly more by adults than children. There was one group of 30-40-something men in particular who really hogged it and had to be asked several times before they would vacate to let others use it.

As I recall Aurora, by comparison, had two tables in the Crystal Pool area.

We had no problems with service (unlike the previous cruise on Aurora where our waiters were terrible) and food was generally good (apart from the multiple appearances of bubble and squeak and pease pudding at dinner :eek:).

Thanks for your reply groovechick but if there is only one table for a ship of that size then it's only to be expected that it will be overcrowded.

Let's hope P&O have learned their lesson and have added at least one more table.

I can confirm we only saw 1 table on Azura 2 weeks ago. Had no problems with food or service tho, especially if we went to the same bar/ restaurant several times they always recognised us and got more friendly.

That's shocking if there is one table for over 3000 passengers especially during school holidays ......

Does any reader know what I can do before their is mutiny onboard?

Got some bad news for you but there won't be a mutiny because not many people will be that bothered. Obviously you love TT but not everyone goes on a cruise to play it.

Bumpy ride - I can assure you that I have not missed the point. You want two (or more) tables on board and because you want them you don't see why you shouldn't have them. I wouldn't mind a bowls green or a badminton court ;)on board but I can live for two weeks without one....

And in your specific post you asked what you could do to avoid mutiny on board ....I merely suggested something....

Agreed but the option should still be there .

Do the maths, even if less than 1% was interested you still have a problem with one table.

What's your problem with not having two tables anyway ?

1% of Azura passengers is only about 32 people. Not a lot of people. Why don't you go on a Strictly Come Table Tennis Cruise instead?

I hate ping pong tables near the pool. Click click, click click, then a group of (usually) men decide to have their own tournament and all you hear for hours is raucous shouting, and mad chases across the deck for miss hit balls.

Are there any P&O ships that don't have them?

David

Why would P&O be reading this board? There are lots of forums, I shouldn't think they have time. Why don't you put it on their Facebook page, it might get more notice. But they are hardly going to add an extra table just because one person wants it. I would like them to take away the blasted golf net, but I'm sure they won't.

I hate ping pong tables near the pool. Click click, click click, then a group of (usually) men decide to have their own tournament and all you hear for hours is raucous shouting, and mad chases across the deck for miss hit balls.

Are there any P&O ships that don't have them?

David

Like David, I detest the activity particularly in a crowded environment such as a cruise ship. Noisy disturbing game. Much more suited to a Butlins Camp, as it attracts that type of individual.

Myself, and I'm sure, many others have complained several times to Guest Relations about the noise, and space taken by this silly game.

Perhaps it is because of complaints they have reduced two tables to one,. and hopefully if we keep complaining they will remove the last one.

I like playing snooker

Why can't I have a snooker table on board:eek:

Perhaps we could replace the ping pong table with a snooker table. It's quieter and would only take about the same deck area:rolleyes:

I'll get my coat:p

Edited by heathcharnock

I like playing snooker

Why can't I have a snooker table on board:eek:

Perhaps we could replace the ping pong table with a snooker table. It's quieter and would only take about the same deck area:rolleyes:

I'll get my coat:p

Ping Pong 😡😉

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

These ships are over 110000 gross tonnes - there should be plenty of room... Princess have at least 2 on their ships which are almost identical in design and they don't cause any problems at all. Sad that some people feel the need to complain about something like table tennis and people enjoying themselves - no wonder P&O haven't got the time to deal with important things, they are too busy dealing with passengers that feel the need to complain about the time of day or the weather - save your complaints for when something serious happens and enjoy the fact that you are one of the few people lucky enough to be able to holiday on a cruise ship.

BRING BACK TWO TABLE TENNIS TABLES... (...even if it's just to see the queues of people at customer relations complaining about it instead of sipping cocktails by the pool...)