Britannia Behind the Scenes Tour

Presto2

Last year on Oceana we did the Behind the Scenes Tour on the last sea day. It was expensive but the on board credit paid for it and we had a fantastic time. A good way to spend that horrible last sea day before you get home!

We are due on Britannia at the end of July and there are 3 sea days on the way back. Am just wondering if anyone who has sailed on Britannia yet knows if they are doing this tour on Britannia yet and have any idea how much it cost.

Thanks

:)

I believe it is £175 per person and saw tours in progress on both sea days last week but didn't do it as timing wasn't synced to kids club and it would have been too much for them.

Good grief - they can forget that ! Are they giving you the chance to 'drive' the thing?! We paid about £70 for Oceana - ok she is smaller but I can't see the tour lasting any longer. I think we will put the OBC to better use. Thanks for warning us ! :eek:

Edited by Presto2

I heard that third hand so don't hold me to it - I did think it sounded rather expensive.

Perhaps it was more like £75 --- got doubled to £150 per couple and by the time you heard about it the amount had grown even more. I hope. Don't mind doing it at a reasonable cost as we had such an amazing time last time.

The cost for this tour on Azura last week was £75. I know Britannia is a bigger ship but can't imagine the cost is any more!

Thanks - that sounds about right as we paid £70 on Oceana last April.

Have to say the hospitality of the Captain will take some beating. On Oceana we spent a good 45 minutes on the Bridge and about an hour in the Captain's Ready Room having canapés and champagne. A brilliant morning.

PS I think it is called his Ready Room but that may be Star Trek ------ :D:D

It was £75.00 per person a month ago....and worth it.

Great - was it popular? How did they advertise it? Really fancy this one. I bet everything is very different to the Oceana as it will all be shiny and new. Its probably the only time we may be able to use stairs mid ship as well I understand. ;)

Great - was it popular? How did they advertise it? Really fancy this one. I bet everything is very different to the Oceana as it will all be shiny and new. Its probably the only time we may be able to use stairs mid ship as well I understand. ;)

The captain mentioned it at the first gala party, described as very limited and put your name down asap. Didn't actually see it advertised at any other time and we were told that it was over subscribed when we had the tour (which could have been sales talk I suppose!).

The captain mentioned it at the first gala party, described as very limited and put your name down asap. Didn't actually see it advertised at any other time and we were told that it was over subscribed when we had the tour (which could have been sales talk I suppose!).

Thanks for the warning. It is a 2 week cruise with 3 sea days on the way home so we're guessing it will be on one of those or they may run 2. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I did the behind the scenes tour on Britannia - It cost £75

We met at Market Cafe on Deck 5, went to Deck 4 to the garbage room, the meat freezers, the galley, had a quick 10min break in the peninsualar restaurant with drinks, then went to the theatre, up onto the stage, saw the britannia show casts dressing room, the prop room, the forward mooring deck, then up to the bridge, photos with the captain, then we went to the marlow room where we had drinks / canapes and got to speak to two entertainment hosts and the captain - was advertised as 3hours long but was more like 4hours long

It was really enjoyable and was a LOT to take it

Today in the post I received a navy blue apron and a badge saying "behind the scenes tour"

I tried to do a behind the scenes tour on Azura in 2012 but it was cancelled so definately jumped this chance to do it on Britannia

Was announced by the captain at the Gala reception on the first formal night, space was limited so had to jump to get a place, I was the 2nd to last person to put my name down, there was apparently a reserve list but no 2nd tour ran... so be quick if you are interested !!

I did the behind the scenes tour on Britannia - It cost £75

We met at Market Cafe on Deck 5, went to Deck 4 to the garbage room, the meat freezers, the galley, had a quick 10min break in the peninsualar restaurant with drinks, then went to the theatre, up onto the stage, saw the britannia show casts dressing room, the prop room, the forward mooring deck, then up to the bridge, photos with the captain, then we went to the marlow room where we had drinks / canapes and got to speak to two entertainment hosts and the captain - was advertised as 3hours long but was more like 4hours long

It was really enjoyable and was a LOT to take it

Today in the post I received a navy blue apron and a badge saying "behind the scenes tour"

I tried to do a behind the scenes tour on Azura in 2012 but it was cancelled so definately jumped this chance to do it on Britannia

Was announced by the captain at the Gala reception on the first formal night, space was limited so had to jump to get a place, I was the 2nd to last person to put my name down, there was apparently a reserve list but no 2nd tour ran... so be quick if you are interested !!

Hi, thanks for this - may be worth booking on the first day as we loved the Oceana one we did. Have the same apron and badge though already!

It may seem expensive but we loved it.

It was advertised in Horizon on Ventura last week.

Thanks - it was on Oceana - perhaps Britannia is more popular at the minute so no need to advertise it ! Then again, there are more passengers too.:D