Flight supplements

PJ's

Hi Everyone

Whilst we were on Azura earlier this month we booked a fly cruise to the Caribbean on Britannia for January 2016. As we are flying from Manchester we were charged a £100pp flight supplement. Upon looking on the P&O website I noticed that the flights for Manchester are included in the price quoted. Should we have waited until we returned home before booking? Could we have saved £200?

I know that in the P&O brochure it does say that there are flight supplements but why are they included in the price on their website? Bit confusing!!

We've booked from Manchester and paid it aswell. I think it is a big rip off as they charter the aircraft from Thomson & Thomas Cook and can't believe they pay them an extra £30,000 per aircraft from Manchester. We are still happy with the cost of the cruise but still think the supplement is unfair as previously there was no supplement from northern airports as we have flown from both Manchester and Newcastle without supplements.

When we last did a Caribbean cruise with P&O they did not charge us any flight supplement and we flew from Manchester to Barbados but sailed back to Southampton. This was before the current price structure, it was March 2013. It is a complete rip-off.

However we are happy with what we paid for the cruise and have got loads of OBC. Looks like we will be hitting the speciality restaurants and shops. Not sure whether to wait to book any shore excursions until we are on the ship. Do they book up quickly? The OBC could pay for a few. Decisions, decisions - I've got quite a long time to go before I have to decide!!!! Roll on January 2016.:)

Up front it say's "Flights included". Only at the last stage of booking are the flight supplements added. First time I've had to pay supplements from Birmingham.

I thought that budget airlines were forced to change their website to include supplements up front. Perhaps P&O should do the same.

Robin

How can they say that "Flights included in the price" and then add flight supplements on at the end of booking?

If you are flying from London or Gatwick do you still have to pay the supplements? Doesn't seem fair to me and maybe P&O should address this more fairly.