Just got off Brittania...

jaceyar

Sitting on a coach opposite Mr Mrs Moanalot. People actually complaining that the ship is too big - why did you book it then?

4b929c2868777e31f437c97557ef5344.jpg

Liked the ship very much despite the bathroom being much smaller. The outside spaces are extensive and fabulous although not required in chilly Norway!

The Theatre shows are the best we've seen on P&O and all new to us. Plus we saw The Overtones - fwooor! The Live Lounge is too small and you won't get a seat if on 2nd sitting. Pulse who play there are fantastically talented.

The Horizon buffet was well designed and we always got a seat quickly. The food in both the MDR and buffet was very good. The Limelight Club was a fantastic evening in every way. We used the Beach House twice and enjoyed both the food and the gorgeous Norwegian scenery gliding by.

Didn't experience lift problems really - avoided central lifts whenever possible. The Glass House doesn't feel very special like it does on Ventura as it's an open area of the Atrium. The Crows Nest is a lovely venue - we had a good crack at working our way through the extensive gin menu and the views are stunning. I do prefer my C deck balcony on Ventura rather than the window boxes on Brittania but it's still nice to have.

We had a really good time and will certainly sail on her again if the price is right!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise on Britannia, she is a lovely ship but for me personally a little too big so unless she is going somewhere I really want to go and the price is right I will not be on her again.

I think that a lot of people booked Britannia because they are happy with ships that are the size of Azura and Ventura, yes, we knew that Britannia is a big ship but until we sailed on her we did not have a limit on the size of ship that we would like but now we do.

I feel that it is unfair to criticise those who are now saying that Britannia is not for them, we don't know until we try something whether or not we will like it. I do however wish that people would stop moaning about the ship, she is beautiful and in my opinion there is not a lot to moan about. We just need to accept that everyone is different and some will like her and others won't.

Just got home from the same cruise. Had no issues with the lifts except immediately after Muster - the longest wait was about 2 minutes. Had one of the best Indian meals ever at Sindhu and loved the thermal suite. The twins loved the kids club. Overall I thought she was a beautiful ship.

Not happy that P&O cancelled priority disembarkation for suite passengers last week which most of the staff including out butler seemed unaware of until last night. Luckily we managed to disembark when we wanted anyway and were off the ship and away with our luggage within 15 mins.

Interestingly, we had someone call our suite to enquire about soot on the balcony half way through the cruise as he is in the same cabin in a couple of weeks!

Interestingly, we had someone call our suite to enquire about soot on the balcony half way through the cruise as he is in the same cabin in a couple of weeks!

Glad you had a great time. Am stunned about this one :confused: I'm not a moaner but I think I would have been cross about this one. How rude and how did they get through to you?

That's what CC is for --- not being rude that is, just asking questions :D:D

Out of interest --- was there any soot? We are in F729 when we go. Thanks

I would have been cross but my wife took the call and is far politer than I am!

There was a very small amount of soot but the balcony was cleaned every morning by the cabin steward while we were at breakfast so it was never a problem.

Pretty sure on F deck you won't get any soot though - we were in A726/7 which was rarely overlooked and we actually had a good chat with a few people above unlike the miserable git below us who we were overlooking. All decks below B as far as I can see aren't really overlooked from above at all.

Thanks Freddie, I remember reading your post about the miserable git below you. When we've been in an aft cabin with 'stepped' balconies we expected people to be above you! We usually just put a hand up or shout 'morning or something like that. What's up with some people? Its the same as a balcony on the side of the ship -- you're bound to be looking out one day and come face to face with your neighbour doing the same. Then again we tend to say 'morning' to anyone passing us in the corridors by the cabins on our way to breakfast --- some people respond and others look at us as if we're bonkers.

Thanks for the info re the soot --- I think the suite you had is the one next to what will be our balcony.

Glad you had a great time -- over the coming weeks we are going to be picking your brains :)

Our kids said hello to him on the first day with his response being "do you want my cabin as well"! Luckily this was my mother in laws cabin not ours so we rarely saw him after that.

Feel free to fire away with any questions!

Our kids said hello to him on the first day with his response being "do you want my cabin as well"! Luckily this was my mother in laws cabin not ours so we rarely saw him after that.

Feel free to fire away with any questions!

Good positive comments on your previous post. Well done to your kids for saying hello, its just a pity your "neighbour" didn't have the same social skills. I can't believe that someone actually phoned your cabin. Unbelievable. I bet you thought of some great responses after the event. HaHa

Sitting on a coach opposite Mr Mrs Moanalot. People actually complaining that the ship is too big - why did you book it then?

4b929c2868777e31f437c97557ef5344.jpg

Liked the ship very much despite the bathroom being much smaller. The outside spaces are extensive and fabulous although not required in chilly Norway!

The Theatre shows are the best we've seen on P&O and all new to us. Plus we saw The Overtones - fwooor! The Live Lounge is too small and you won't get a seat if on 2nd sitting. Pulse who play there are fantastically talented.

The Horizon buffet was well designed and we always got a seat quickly. The food in both the MDR and buffet was very good. The Limelight Club was a fantastic evening in every way. We used the Beach House twice and enjoyed both the food and the gorgeous Norwegian scenery gliding by.

Didn't experience lift problems really - avoided central lifts whenever possible. The Glass House doesn't feel very special like it does on Ventura as it's an open area of the Atrium. The Crows Nest is a lovely venue - we had a good crack at working our way through the extensive gin menu and the views are stunning. I do prefer my C deck balcony on Ventura rather than the window boxes on Brittania but it's still nice to have.

We had a really good time and will certainly sail on her again if the price is right!

When you first travel on one of these huge ships, you do not realise just how big they are. We travelled on Independence of the Seas a few years ago, and I ended up undergoing physio and acupuncture for 6 months for a badly 'sprained' knee. Our guarantee cabin was right at the front of the ship and the restaurants right at the aft. That is NOT to say we did not enjoy the cruise but it was too big a ship for us and that experience has put us off booking the big Princess and P&O ships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When you first travel on one of these huge ships, you do not realise just how big they are. We travelled on Independence of the Seas a few years ago, and I ended up undergoing physio and acupuncture for 6 months for a badly 'sprained' knee. Our guarantee cabin was right at the front of the ship and the restaurants right at the aft. That is NOT to say we did not enjoy the cruise but it was too big a ship for us and that experience has put us off booking the big Princess and P&O ships.

Our first cruise was on Independance and at the time she was advertised as 'The biggest cruise ship in the world'. Guess what, people were moaning that she was too big. However I do understand where you are coming from. Our perfect size ship is Eclipse. Big but feels cosy and distances are not too great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it was someone's first cruise, I could understand making the mistake of booking a ship that's "too big" but anyone who's cruised before and looks at deck plans must surely realise how much bigger distances are on a ship like Brittania. Anyway, how can a ship being "too big" totally spoil a holiday and how can every meal be absolutely awful? I can understand someone saying their steak was underdone etc but the waiters would swiftly sort it out for you. Who are these precious individuals and how can they have a vastly different opinion to the majority? Should they not have their own private yacht and a chef?

If it was someone's first cruise, I could understand making the mistake of booking a ship that's "too big" but anyone who's cruised before and looks at deck plans must surely realise how much bigger distances are on a ship like Brittania. Anyway, how can a ship being "too big" totally spoil a holiday and how can every meal be absolutely awful? I can understand someone saying their steak was underdone etc but the waiters would swiftly sort it out for you. Who are these precious individuals and how can they have a vastly different opinion to the majority? Should they not have their own private yacht and a chef?

Agree that it should not and did not spoil my entire cruise but it did decide us on never booking a 'big' ship again although we booked the cruise in question looking forward to trying one. Suppose it depends on your age and the state of your knees 😄. I just wish they woukd buikd some new smaller ships.

Every meal certainly cannot be awful - in our 32 cruises, we have had quite a few 'iffy' meals but as you say the waiters will always ask and offer something else if they see you are not enjoying a meal.

A sooty picture of an aft suite on Brittania

Ouch, that is quite a lot of soot. Never had that much on the Silhouette before in 3 cruises. Which deck were you on if you don't mind asking. Thanks

Ouch, that is quite a lot of soot. Never had that much on the Silhouette before in 3 cruises. Which deck were you on if you don't mind asking. Thanks

E742, such a large "deposit" only happenned twice in two weeks, and both times overnight which I assume means that specific conditions are required for it to happen.

E742, such a large "deposit" only happenned twice in two weeks, and both times overnight which I assume means that specific conditions are required for it to happen.

Hi, we are F729 so not too far from where you were. As long as they wash it off while we're at breakfast I will be ok --- and will take an old flannel to dust it off on better days --- and flip flops !:)