Upgrades on checkin

WinnieB

Hello, looking forward to trip on Adonia very soon.

If, on checking in, the upgrade fairy has not obliged, what is the recommended approach for trying to get an upgrade? Are the prices significantly less than the select/saver prices?

We currently have an aft balcony, Deck A which does admittedly sound good (well I think so, I have not had an aft cabin before and have tended to go for lower deck for cost/less movement).

Thanks.

Well as the cruise is not showing on a search, I would imagine it is sold out, so there would be no upgrade. What is the cruise number?

OK I found it. D511 - it's sold out.

Edited by jeanlyon

Hello, looking forward to trip on Adonia very soon.

If, on checking in, the upgrade fairy has not obliged, what is the recommended approach for trying to get an upgrade? Are the prices significantly less than the select/saver prices?

We currently have an aft balcony, Deck A which does admittedly sound good (well I think so, I have not had an aft cabin before and have tended to go for lower deck for cost/less movement).

Thanks.

In all our cruises I have never heard of an upgrade at check in. I have seen notices many times says no rooms available for up grade.

It is always entirely possible, last year on Adonia friends we were travelling with were upgraded from a cabin to a suite at check-in which was fabulous for them. I have to confess we were just a tiny bit miffed as they were given a suite on the stern and our was under the bridge and, would so much have preferred the stern but none were available at booking. Anyway, even if the fairy doesn't pass your way, enjoy the stern as it is simply the best location. Well from our point of view it is. Good luck and enjoy.

Adonia rides the waves very well, certainly a lot better than the Britannia.

A deck on the Adonia is not high up as you can only go down two decks for accommodation. Personally I wouldn't be looking to move

Enjoy the cabin and the ship. :)