first time on p&o

appy ammer

going on azura june 13to norway in cabin a212 has any 1 been in that cabin also does most do formal dress we tend not to and use mainly buffett dinning is this open 24hrs been on thomsons before and enjoy the less formal side

going on azura june 13to norway in cabin a212 has any 1 been in that cabin also does most do formal dress we tend not to and use mainly buffett dinning is this open 24hrs been on thomsons before and enjoy the less formal side

Welcome

cannot tell you about that cabin.

Ref the dress code. At least 90%+ of the passengers will be in that, so you will be in the minority.

You can eat in the buffet on those nights.

It is not just the MDR that you have to comply with the dress code to enter.

There will probably also be a couple of bars as well. Cannot tell you which bars as I have not been on that ship.

can you request eary disembark time to catch booked transport

Yes you can. You can either disembark very early (7 - 7.30 ish) AND carry ALL your own luggage off, or you can request an early slot after all the self debarkation people have gone. You will have to watch out in the programme for when to do this as they won't take requests earlier on in the cruise. It's usually 2 or 3 days before the end of the cruise.

But be warned there is no guarantee of the time you will get off so be careful of booking anything that might be too close for comfort!

Edited by Mysticalmother

Just a warning from past experience. We decided to get off early last April for the first time. The ship was very late so we queued a long time and there was a lot of confusion about who got off first etc.

My main worry was carrying our cases off. I'm only quite small - 5ft tall and about a size 10 but relatively fit and able, but carrying the case weighing about 20 kg down the long / high escalator was worrying as I thought that if it had fallen it would have taken me with it. (I rather stupidly placed it on the step / above me).

It is also a long walk --

Ok I didn't put the case on the escalator the best way in retrospect, but just beware that if you get off with your own luggage you need to be fit and able....and just becareful where that case is on the escalator

I would do it again but would be more careful re the case in the escalator and put it infront of me ------ or position hubby better.