Compassionate refund

maf101

Has anyone had any experience getting a compassionate refund or credit towards another cruise? The cruise was booked directly with P&O. We were due to sail on 8 April on Pacific Dawn. On the morning of the cruise my Mother had a massive heart attack. We stayed with her until she passed away the following morning. My travel insurance doesn't include cancellation.

Had similar situation with a friend that was hospitalized before our cruise and their family missed it - all 6 people. Email the cruise line with all the information and a copy of death certificate. They will likely give you the credit to your next cruise. You loose nothing by trying this and gain if you get anything. They got a full credit which they are using towards a cruise this summer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm so sorry for your loss. However, I'm glad you were there to say goodbye to mom. We were in ST Thomas when my mother-in-law passed away. Not being there was difficult for my husband. What type of travel insurance does not let you cancel for the death of a family member? That's the main reason I purchase the travel insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums