Scooters in Grand Turk

I am traveling with a friend who is new to having a scooter on a cruise ship. How accessible is the port area in Grand Turk? Are there lips or steps up to the shops in the port area? Are the doors wide enough for a scooter to go through?

I have similar questions about Margaritaville there. We are trying to determine if she can leave the ship and enjoy the shops/Margaritaville. She can stand and walk, but is VERY limited to distance due to breathing issues. She is renting a scooter for the cruise.

Are there beach wheelchairs available to rent at Grand Turk? I am thinking it isn't worth it due to the sloped nature of the beach and the rocky entrance to the water.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

All the shops in the port area are accessible. You may have to look for the entrance with a ramp, regardless the ramps were easy to find. As normal, space within some of shops is minimal.

Did not attempt to go to the beach and did not pay any attention to what was offered.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

That pier at GT is sooooo long your friend will be thrilled to have that scooter.

Regarding shops etc. If there is anything at the threshhold it will be very slight. No more than what they will encounter on the ship. Every port I've used my scooter in has been extremely scooter friendly.

There is a HUGE great pool there. It has one of those sloped entry area. I have trouble walking but am able to get in the pool there. My hubby stands beside me while entering and exiting "just in case."