Transportaion from cruise ship to Arizona memorial

TeanneTX

I'm sure this has been asked many times but I just couldn't find the answers on the board so thought I'd go ahead and ask anyway.

We area group of 6 adults arriving on RCCL Explorer on 10/12/17 at 8 am and want to head to the Arizona Memorial first (we actually have the "Passport Tour at Pearl Harbor" but it doesn't include transportation to the Arizona Memorial.

So what is the easiest way to get there in the morning. I know there is great bus service but I can't figure out the bus to take and the timetable. Or maybe we should take a taxi or uber. One couple is in their 70's but in good health so they can handle any kind of transportation. But we have a lot to see and the other memorials close at 4 and 5 pm so we want to get to the Arizona as soon as we can.

Help.

Teanne

When you get to Pearl Harbor, there will be a boat that takes you out to the Arizona Memorial. When we visited Pearl Harbor several years ago, it was included. I honestly can't remember if we signed up for a time or if we just showed up at the area when the boat was leaving to the memorial. It only takes a few minutes for the boat to get out to the memorial, where we got off and walked around.

As far as transportation to Pearl Harbor, I would assume that taking Uber would probably be the best route. When we went we had rented a car for the day. But then we had flown into Honolulu the night before our embarkation. It was actually kind of funny...the car we received was a real rag of a car and when we returned it, I told the employee they probably should just take that car out of the inventory. I wasn't expecting anything...I just wanted to let them know that it was on it's last leg...actually I laughed and called it a POS. Well the employee laughed too and said he really felt bad that we got that car and told us he wasn't going to charge us for the rental! I was shocked, because I wasn't looking for anything off of my bill.

But back to Pearl Harbor....it is an amazing experience and extremely moving to the point that I will never forget how I felt that day. Even though it is a very somber experience, I think anyone that has the opportunity to visit, should not miss it.

Have fun on your cruise!

I just read this on "visitpearlharbor.org".

The Passport to Pearl Harbor does not include tickets for the USS Arizona Memorial movie/boat program. Those tickets are free and handed out on a first come first served basis. The audio tour, which is included, incorporates the movie, boat and Memorial.

I'm sure this has been asked many times but I just couldn't find the answers on the board so thought I'd go ahead and ask anyway.

We area group of 6 adults arriving on RCCL Explorer on 10/12/17 at 8 am and want to head to the Arizona Memorial first (we actually have the "Passport Tour at Pearl Harbor" but it doesn't include transportation to the Arizona Memorial.

So what is the easiest way to get there in the morning. I know there is great bus service but I can't figure out the bus to take and the timetable. Or maybe we should take a taxi or uber. One couple is in their 70's but in good health so they can handle any kind of transportation. But we have a lot to see and the other memorials close at 4 and 5 pm so we want to get to the Arizona as soon as we can.

Help.

Teanne

Have you even unpacked your bags from the Baltic? :) It was nice meeting you there.

Bus 42 will get you there - check out rome2rio or google maps. If you are going to be spending the whole day in that area, I would take the bus.

If you have a full day, I would get to the airport (many buses to choose from) and rent a van, less than $60 at this time. You can see "the punchbowl", drive Tantalus Drive above the punchbowl and an incredible view. If anyone has military ID card you can see USS Utah and USS Nevada.

I lived there for 2 years and worked right across the street from the Arizona. You have the correct plan to go there first. Keep in mind that no bags are allowed to the Arizona. Free parking would also allow place to leave bags.

Have fun!! I am planning British Isles for late August.

Jeanette (chmacdj at gmail)

Have you even unpacked your bags from the Baltic? :) It was nice meeting you there.

Bus 42 will get you there - check out rome2rio or google maps. If you are going to be spending the whole day in that area, I would take the bus.

If you have a full day, I would get to the airport (many buses to choose from) and rent a van, less than $60 at this time. You can see "the punchbowl", drive Tantalus Drive above the punchbowl and an incredible view. If anyone has military ID card you can see USS Utah and USS Nevada.

I lived there for 2 years and worked right across the street from the Arizona. You have the correct plan to go there first. Keep in mind that no bags are allowed to the Arizona. Free parking would also allow place to leave bags.

Have fun!! I am planning British Isles for late August.

Jeanette (chmacdj at gmail)

Jeanette-you were on the Baltics cruise too? Its hard to believe that cruise is over. All I can say is wow!! It was incredible but now I have this Oct cruise to plan for. I have to do all the planning for a group of 9 friends and family.

We are going to be at the Arizona, Missouri, Pacific Avaition Museum and the Bowfin until about 5 pm. Then I'd like to hike the punchbowl (I think thats what its called). Not going to rent a car on Oahu. We will be in Maui the next day and I'm thinking about renting a car or van for the day.

I think I've decided to either take a cab or uber from the ship to Pearl.

Teanne

You might check with Hawaii 123. I think I have seen others on CC recommend them for transportation on Oahu. In addition to getting to Pearl Harbor they do transportation from HNL. With a group of 6 I think it would be very nice to have your transportation arranged ahead of time. And...if you have the option of getting your Arizona ticket late in the day, after you have done the other tours, I recommend it. Many tours and tourists without reservations arrive first thing in the morning and by late afternoon a calm comes over Pearl Harbor. We always try to take guests to enjoy this time of day. Have a great time. Cherie

Jeanette-you were on the Baltics cruise too? Its hard to believe that cruise is over. All I can say is wow!! It was incredible but now I have this Oct cruise to plan for. I have to do all the planning for a group of 9 friends and family.

We are going to be at the Arizona, Missouri, Pacific Avaition Museum and the Bowfin until about 5 pm. Then I'd like to hike the punchbowl (I think thats what its called). Not going to rent a car on Oahu. We will be in Maui the next day and I'm thinking about renting a car or van for the day.

I think I've decided to either take a cab or uber from the ship to Pearl.

Teanne

We were with Kim's St Petersburg/Moscow trip. We had buffet dinner with you and your hubby. (I'm pretty sure)

I would think the hike would be Diamond Head - The punchbowl is the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific - not easy by public transportation, but very moving.

Excited for you! Have fun on your adventure.

I visited Pearl Harbor from my cruise ship in early May. We had booked the excursion through the cruise ship, it did not include a ticket to the memorial. Those are free, however, you must get there early to get a ticket. We were able to get a ticket, but the time of our tour was AFTER the excursion headed back to the ship. We ended up grabbing a cab and getting back to the cruise ship on our own. It was easy to do. With tip I paid $40.00 for the taxi ride back to the terminal.

In my experience, we could have grabbed a taxi easily to get to Pearl Harbor, but we had booked the excursion so we took the bus. If I had to do it over again, I would just take a taxi back and forth. Easy, and on my time schedule.

Hope that helps!