Miami Hotel Precruise

The Hyatt Regency Coral Gables is a very nice classic hotel. I have stayed with Regent and they have a great relationship with the hotel. Coral Gables is a unique area and you will be 5 minutes from a dozen places to eat dinner. Lots of nice shops and bars to see walking around as well. The best thing about doing the Regent hotel, is the baggage transfer the morning of departure. On my Celebrity in January, I will be doing the Intercontinental downtown. This place as great views right on the bay and adjoining the downtown park. Nice bar to hang out in, near other restaurants if you want to go out and is close to the pier. Have stayed in the Holiday Inn once, not bad, I just prefer the IC.

The Hyatt Regency Coral Gables is a very nice classic hotel. I have stayed with Regent and they have a great relationship with the hotel. Coral Gables is a unique area and you will be 5 minutes from a dozen places to eat dinner. Lots of nice shops and bars to see walking around as well. The best thing about doing the Regent hotel, is the baggage transfer the morning of departure. On my Celebrity in January, I will be doing the Intercontinental downtown. This place as great views right on the bay and adjoining the downtown park. Nice bar to hang out in, near other restaurants if you want to go out and is close to the pier. Have stayed in the Holiday Inn once, not bad, I just prefer the IC.

Thank you for your first hand knowledge of Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. I was checking restaurants in the area and you're right - lots of them! We have taken hotel credits in Miami in the past but this time decided that it wasn't worth it. Regent will pick us up, take us to the hotel and to the ship (if we don't decide to take a cab there ourselves which we usually do). Perhaps I'm being lazy but Hyatt Regency Coral Gables isn't like staying in a Motel 6 or Holiday Inn:evilsmile:

• 1 month later...

We stayed two nights at the Hyatt in Coral Gables prior to our cruise.

The front desk staff were nice but couldn't figure out whether our first breakfast was included in our "package." It took quite a while to convince SEVERAL PEOPLE even though I had something from Regent showing that it was.

The first breakfast, in the hotel dining room on our own, was great. The group breakfast buffet on the day of sailing was a disaster. Both Regent and Hyatt should be ashamed. There were not enough seats. There was not enough food. Maybe that was a good thing because the hot food was cold and of poor quality.

Our room was large and pleasant.

The hotel was close to downtown Coral Gables. We took a free bus to get to a metro stop (or whatever Miami calls it) and then the metro to get to downtown Miami.

We had one of the earlier shuttles to the ship based on the luck of the draw. Some people's shuttles were not until mid-afternoon but they had to be out of their rooms at 11:00 AM anyway. They were not happy.

The biggest problem with the hotel credit is that it is a lot less than the cost of a room, at least around the holidays.

I guess, as you said, it's about the luck of the draw. We "drew" the Epic in January and were extremely happy. We had a huge room with many tables for 8 and just about anything you can think of for breakfast. Service was pleasant and efficient. The evening before we had a "wine reception" in their lobby. Red and white choices....very nicely done and served.

We stayed two nights at the Hyatt in Coral Gables prior to our cruise.

The first breakfast, in the hotel dining room on our own, was great. The group breakfast buffet on the day of sailing was a disaster. Both Regent and Hyatt should be ashamed. There were not enough seats. There was not enough food. Maybe that was a good thing because the hot food was cold and of poor quality.

Interesting - on our only Regent cruise - last year from Barcelona - we did 2 nights in the pre-cruise hotel. The first morning we also had the hotel included breakfast and it was quite nice. The morning of the cruise, the included breakfast was in a meeting room and was pretty bad. Poorly set up. Coffee ran out and took a long time to refill. We were quite surprised at how awful the whole thing was.

I'm also from south florida and I would stay at the Epic. It's a beautiful hotel with a great restaurant, Zuma, and in walking distance to lots of wonderful restaurants that we frequent quite often. We also enjoy the vibe of the city, the Gables offers nothing for us, and is very far from the port. The MO is nice, but I think Azul has either closed or lost their chef.

We have been given this hotel, too. For just one night we'll cope.

We're Miami to Miami on Navigator.

IMO, you have a good attitude. Not sure where you are flying in from but those of us on the west coast get into Miami too late to take advantage of much. We just want a quick bite to eat and a bed. In the morning, big buffets don't interest me as we'll be getting much better food when we board the ship at noon. So, for breakfast, we're happy with a bagel and coffee.

While we do our own hotel sometimes, other times we just want Regent to take care of things for us. We have transportation to the hotel and will likely take a taxi to the port rather than having to get on a bus with 30+ other people.

Which Miami to Miami sailing are you on (there are two in November). We're on the one that goes to the Amazon!

We're flying in from the UK & this one is just a holiday, not an adventure, as I'm sure yours will be. We are hoping for 2 weeks of winter sunshine in the Caribbean. We have been only once before, on Silver Whisper, so a good opportunity to compare & contrast. If we had several days in Miami the hotel would matter more. This time it's just a place to hang my hat & rest my head. I confess that I do like to be met at the airport & taken to the hotel in an unfamiliar city, which this is for us. Enjoy your cruise.

We're flying in from the UK & this one is just a holiday, not an adventure, as I'm sure yours will be. We are hoping for 2 weeks of winter sunshine in the Caribbean. We have been only once before, on Silver Whisper, so a good opportunity to compare & contrast. If we had several days in Miami the hotel would matter more. This time it's just a place to hang my hat & rest my head. I confess that I do like to be met at the airport & taken to the hotel in an unfamiliar city, which this is for us. Enjoy your cruise.

Yes - our cruise may be too much of an adventure (the heat, etc.). Enjoy your cruise as well!

I was in Miami this year and I will be taking a Regent cruise from there in Jan 2017. We found the taxis to be overpriced and just awful. Uber was cheaper, cleaner and just better, mind you that company is having its issues, so who knows what will happen next with them! We are looking forward to our "free" night at the EPIC, but we will actually get there a day before that just in case the east coast has any snow related issues!