RSSC Website just added 'Virtual Tours' of all Suite Classes

I just did the "Virtual Tour" of the Explorer and wasn't really impressed. We have stayed in the Master, Grand, Concierge and "F1" suites and do not feel that you get the "feel" of the suites from this tour. In terms of the other ships, most of us already know what they look like and, IMO, the "Room Layout" view is much better!

I just did the "Virtual Tour" of the Explorer and wasn't really impressed. We have stayed in the Master, Grand, Concierge and "F1" suites and do not feel that you get the "feel" of the suites from this tour. In terms of the other ships, most of us already know what they look like and, IMO, the "Room Layout" view is much better!

Notice that the bedroom photo in the Seven Seas Suite "Virtual Tour" shows one of the forward facing suites where it was noted by a guest that he couldn't stand up straight at the end of his bed. Wonder why the virtual tour people chose that suite configuration to represent the Seven Seas Suites?

Thanks Travelcat for your observations. For the rest of 'most people' who haven't been in ANY Explorer suites; yet... I enjoyed my tours. But then... A Wink is as Good as a Nod to a Blind Horse...:cool:

Thanks Travelcat for your observations. For the rest of 'most people' who haven't been in ANY Explorer suites; yet... I enjoyed my tours. But then... A Wink is as Good as a Nod to a Blind Horse...:cool:

Sorry if I made it sound like 'most people' have seen Explorer suites. It is the rest of the ships that most Regent customers are familiar with - not the Explorer. My point was that, IMO, the layout of suites shown for the Voyager, Navigator and Mariner made more sense to me than the 'Virtual Tour'.

Silver Sweethearts: Really good point. To be honest, I am as confused by the Seven Seas Suites as I was when the ship launched and I booked a Seven Seas Suite (that is now an Explorer Suite) for a future cruise. I have no clue if current Seven Seas Suites have one or 1 1/2 baths or if all of them have problems with standing up with the slanted ceiling. As an aside, I am equally confused with "original" Explorer and "new" Explorer Suites (some of which have become Grand Suites which makes them confusing as well).

IMO, due to the confusion with these suites, there should be a "layout" with suite size, balcony size and suite numbers for each of these suite categories. In the meantime, I'm very happy that my TA knows the difference so I am depending on them for assistance.

Customers who have not been on Explorer will find this feature useful.

Also I am sure that customers new to Regent, and others, would like the same facility for the other Regent ships.

Although we have sailed extensively with Regent we do not know what every suite grade on every ship looks like, but maybe we are in the minority.

Also I am sure that customers new to Regent, and others, would like the same facility for the other Regent ships.

Although we have sailed extensively with Regent we do not know what every suite grade on every ship looks like, but maybe we are in the minority.

As a frequent critic of the Regent website, let me applaud Regent's effort. Of course it's not perfect but I enjoyed it and found it very helpful - even after two cruises on the Explorer CC Board. and many hours on the Regent. It did remind me of why we love the F cabins.

I checked out the "Virtual Tour" again this morning and found it much more satisfactory. The photos showed off the suites fairly well. Now, if they could just show us what the "old" and "newly upgraded" versions of the Seven Seas, Explorer and Grand Suites look like (and which suites are which), it would save a lot of confusion for customers.

This virtual tour is very helpful. I hope they add it for the other ships soon. I am on an 89-night cruise next year on Navigator' date=' and have spent many nights on that ship, but none since its refurbishment. It would be nice to see exactly what I can plan for.[/quote']

That itinerary is fantastic. I am hoping they schedule same/similar for 2019. Looking forward to your reports.

Marc

No, you are not in the minority. Many have not sailed on Regent yet and are looking for info. I just returned from my first Regent cruise. The long timers are very helpful but should keep in mind that not everyone has the means and time to sample all the suites.

No, you are not in the minority. Many have not sailed on Regent yet and are looking for info. I just returned from my first Regent cruise. The long timers are very helpful but should keep in mind that not everyone has the means and time to sample all the suites.

There have been times when tours of suites have been available (when there are vacant suites). In terms of the Explorer, during the pre-christening, christening and maiden voyages, tours were given of each suite category. Also, there are parties given in suites so we have been able to view that that way. In any case, again, I feel that the four photos of each suite category (except for Seven Seas, Explorer and Grand suites) will be very helpful for people new to Regent or those wanting to get an idea of what the suite looks like before they book.

BTW, in 13 1/2 years, we have yet to stay in all suite categories. We have done just fine with the photos and layouts of the suites. In fact, we booked a Seven Seas Suite on the Voyager for next year based solely on information currently available on Regent's website. I'm certainly not against the Virtual Tour but I would rather see Regent spend money working on other issues. Just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

On the Regent UK website only the virtual tour of the Regent Suite on the Explorer appears to be available. No virtual tours of the other suites on Explorer or the other ships :(

Unless I am looking in the wrong place :confused:

On the Regent UK website only the virtual tour of the Regent Suite on the Explorer appears to be available. No virtual tours of the other suites on Explorer or the other ships :(

Unless I am looking in the wrong place :confused:

I had seen that - looks better than my house ;p