DELUXE ALL INCLUSIVE SUNSCAPE RESORT? any info or reviews

sunsetme

• 1 month later...

We took this excursion to Sunscape June 22. We left at 8:30 because there were not enough sign ups for the 10:30 trip I originally booked. "Meet on the Pier" means walk down the pier, go through the entry station and look for someone with the appropriate signage, very confusing. We had a large air conditioned bus and the drive is a good 30 minutes, there is lots of construction going on and lots of people on motorized bikes. The resort itself is lovely and well maintained. There are 2 pools, one of which is huge and has a swim up bar. There are restrooms, a spa and a buffet lunch which was very good. The beach was not so great. Its long but the water a not so warm and not clear. In addition, there are too many annoying vendors. We meet some Canadians who have been coming to this resort (always under different ownership) for many years and love it. The drinks were plentiful. It was okay but I would not do it again. We still had some time to enjoy Amber Cove.

Thanks for taking the time to review this excursion, I really appreciate it!....I would check back periodically to see if there was a response. I was considering an all inclusive because my husband enjoys to sail Hobie cats. The resort listed them as an amenity, but I couldn't find a photo or review here or at Trip advisor that confirmed that....even tried e-mailing the resort, but got no response. Also, Carnival listed several departure times, did you have a set amount of time there? I called Carnival, and the lady I spoke with said I would basically have 4 hrs. at the resort. I wouldn't be particularly happy leaving at 8:30 am on an excursion that involves partaking in adult beverages....I know I am on vacation, but that's even a bit early for me to start the day:')! If the beach wasn't that great on top of that, I think we'll just hang at the port or find something different. Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

I am looking to do this excursion but independently. With the cruise line what was your experience with the vendor? Where they ontime with pickup? Where did you meet your ride? How was the resort? When did you know it was time to get picked up to go back? My husband & I are going in Dec.

I'm just wonder how safe ate the taxi rides & how are we getting back to the port from the resort.