Transfer from Seabourn to BCN airport

Shellback2014

Not a good idea. Just because a ship is scheduled to dock at 7 AM, it doesn't mean you can immediately disembark. Also, there's no guarantee that the ship won't be late. Generally it takes about an hour to secure the ship and offload some of the luggage. Although it's only about 10 miles to BCN, it can take 20 to 30 minutes depending on traffic, most, if not all airlines require/suggest you check in 3 hours before your flight is scheduled for departure.

As a minimum, a taxi or independent car service would be required. A lower stress, more expensive option would be to spend the night at a Barcelona area hotel and use a taxi, car service or hotel airport shuttle (if available) to fly home. This is my preferred option as 1-stop flights from BCN to the west coast on my preferred airlines requires an overnight stay to arrive home at a decent hour.

I would also check here http://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/barcelona-port-82

and check how many ships are due in on your day.

We had a choice of flights at 0935 or 1735 from BCN and decided that we didn't need the stress of trying to make the early flight (impossible IMO) so we will take the Seabourn airport bus with the city tour.

Some good points here:-

Other things to consider: How big/busy is the departure airport? Review your airline’s guidelines and check-in requirements. For example, Delta states the minimum baggage check-in time for Istanbul is three-and-a-half hours, and you must be at the gate 90 minutes prior to departure. Is it a busy time of year? Is it a busy time of day? Do you have access to faster lines because of mileage status, first-class tickets, or pre-screening? Are you traveling with a family of five? What would it cost if you all missed your flight? If you like to play with risk, know how restrictive your ticket and/or airline is. You may need to read the fare rules associated with your ticket to determine this (talk about negative utility).

http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2014-07-11/ombudsman-the-tao-of-airport-arrival

We will take a taxi to the airport and pray all goes well.

We have been waiting quite a long time in a long que for taxis at the port on at least two occasions, so I would suggest to pre-book the taxi ahead of time.

We had a choice of flights at 0935 or 1735 from BCN and decided that we didn't need the stress of trying to make the early flight (impossible IMO) so we will take the Seabourn airport bus with the city tour.

Keep in mind that the airport bus with city tour operates just like the shore excursions requiring a minimum participation level. The one time I booked this option, I was advised by the Destinations Manager several days before disembarkation, only 3 passengers signed up and the tour was cancelled. Hence, I had to hustle to make alternate arrangements. Food for thought...