Luggage ? - 36 night cruise - pay laundry only - thinking of 3 - 26" cases for two???

mouseterd1

Bags, depends how far you have to carry them. I travel alone and only take one, regardless of how many nights, lifting heavy bags off airport luggage carousels, manoeuvring them from hotel to port etc too hard.

Laundry, for longer cruises I choose a ship with a self serve laundry or sail Princess for free laundry (Elite),

Just pay for laundry on ship makes life easier, one of the costs.

Wear the same outfits with a couple of days in between, seriously no one notices or cares.

I take 3 tops for dinner with black pants, plus formal wear, 3 outfits for seadays, 3 for port days.

It is doable, particularly when you have to carry your own luggage.

Enjoy your cruise.

While I am a light packer but the beauty of cruising is pack and unpack just once. If you were going on a land vacation with multiple stops, packing lighter is better. If you feel you can manage 3 suitcases for the short amount of time you will actually be in motion off the ship then go for it

Is it a hot weather cruise? I ask because the month we take in winter has 5 cold days at the beginning and again at the end, so we wear our thickest clothes, then wash and pack away.I always have OH's dress shirts washed and ironed by the ship's laundry.

I agree with those who say mix and match, and again about no-one bothering about the repeat of evening clothes- my OH only takes one evening suit, after all!

I'm an expert at discovering colourful tops made from man-made fibres, which rinse out and dry in the shower, and which are creaseless when taken from a suitcase...:D

I found it easier to pack in rolling duffle bags instead of suitcases - I was able to get more into them (packing 3 or 4 golf shirts in a zip top bag, the same with pants/capris etc.), and still be within the weight limits. It then allowed each of us to use 1 rolling duffle and a carry-on, making them much easier to manage. Just a thought.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

We have been traveling with two 26", but our kid is getting older and I thought about getting a 3rd one. The only thing that stopped me is the ground transportation. Regular car won't fit three 26" plus carry-ons in the trunk. That means you have to rent a Van or SUV, or get UberXL or Lyft Plus, etc... so I bought some packing cubes instead.. and see if they help on the next trip.