H20 versus KS Watersports

sportif7

We have H2O booked for next week. We have never jet skied before- I'm very nervous. I have emailed them a couple of times and they were prompt and friendly in their response. I'll let you know my thoughts when we get back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That would be great! Thanks!!

The nice thing about using H2O is that you can see the ship from where they are located. It's a great thing to do on your "last day", as you don't have to worry about "getting back" from somewhere. That's why I like it. If the ship leaves at 3:00, I can still be doing that tour at noon and know that when I'm done, I just walk right back onto the ship. It makes the most of my last day in Bermuda. Otherwise, I just hover around waiting for the ship to leave.

The nice thing about using H2O is that you can see the ship from where they are located. It's a great thing to do on your "last day", as you don't have to worry about "getting back" from somewhere. That's why I like it. If the ship leaves at 3:00, I can still be doing that tour at noon and know that when I'm done, I just walk right back onto the ship. It makes the most of my last day in Bermuda. Otherwise, I just hover around waiting for the ship to leave.

H2O is in Somerset. Not walking distance. Unless something has changed they don't operate at the Dockyard. I think you probably mean KS Watersports. They are at the Dockyard.

We used KS this week and they were great. They have 3 locations, 1 in the dockyard. The water was rough but we were fine with that. We had a reservation but people were walking up and booking tours. New jet skis and great staff. We saw a lot of turtles and shipwreck on our 75 minute tour. I would definitely recommend. They have different tours though and we did the high speed one. I would not recommend that one for young children or people not totally comfortable in and on the water. Originally we were going to do a tour out of St. George but had to change to the dockyard at the last minute. No problem changing it.

We used KS this week and they were great. They have 3 locations, 1 in the dockyard. The water was rough but we were fine with that. We had a reservation but people were walking up and booking tours. New jet skis and great staff. We saw a lot of turtles and shipwreck on our 75 minute tour. I would definitely recommend. They have different tours though and we did the high speed one. I would not recommend that one for young children or people not totally comfortable in and on the water. Originally we were going to do a tour out of St. George but had to change to the dockyard at the last minute. No problem changing it.

great to know! thanks for sharing this!!

We highly recommend Somerset Bridge Watersports. They are spectacular. They pay for your taxi one way to their location in Somerset. The locations near the ship have to ride slow for a long time to get out of the no-wake zone. Somerset - just a few minutes and out to the open ocean. We saw so much. You get to see more because of the location. Their machines are great and the guide was spectacular. We went FAST - sooo fun! They were very friendly and made sure we had a great time!

This is a little over halfway to Horseshoe Bay. So, it is easy to go there from the jetski shop. We met the rest of our group there.

Edited by #1TravelMom
Added last paragraph

We highly recommend Somerset Bridge Watersports. They are spectacular. They pay for your taxi one way to their location in Somerset. The locations near the ship have to ride slow for a long time to get out of the no-wake zone. Somerset - just a few minutes and out to the open ocean. We saw so much. You get to see more because of the location.

You have done both near the ship and from Somerset? Are you comparing from actual experience. The place at the Dockyard, KS Watersports is actually on the open ocean. Also H2O Sports which was the other location asked about is in Somerset. On the open ocean. I think any of the three of them would be a good choice. For those who like to Jet Ski I think they could do a different one every cruise. If it were the last day I would do the one at the Dockyard. I have watched the Jet Skies come in on the last day to the Dockyard and they were moving plenty fast. Not slow at all.

Just off Dawn this morning. We did H2O Water Sports. It was $15.00+tip to get there. It is located on a fairly quiet bay. We had reserved 3 single jet skis and we were the only ones signed up. This was the 1st time for all of us. Let me say I am a VERY BIG CHICKEN but I had been soo looking forward to doing this. After a brief lesson, I was the 1st ski pushed into the water. That gave me a few minutes to get acclimated. It's a quick trip across the bay, under the bridge and into the ocean. We could see the Americas Cup race beyond the bridge. Before getting under the bridge I panicked and headed back to the docks. The guide was very good and understanding. He asked if I wanted to ride double with my son or husband but I knew I would just ruin their fun. I found the jet ski very wobbly and I kept over correcting. I never relaxed- apparently the faster you go, the more stable the ride, I wasn't buying it!!! The guys had a blast, went looking for turtles but didn't see much. Out at the shipwreck there were tons of fish and they sped around the water, out by the AC race and the RCCL ship arriving.

I guess the moral of the story is- if you have very nervous riders or young beginners- H2O water sports would be a good place. The location at Dockyard is in a very busy harbor with the ferries, tour boats etc.

We've used both SBS and H2O and both are very good. We prefer H2O even though they're further from where we rent. Consider a Boston Whaler, nice day on the water and you can stop on an island for a nice lunch and buzz the ships.

• 2 weeks later...
Just off Dawn this morning. We did H2O Water Sports. It was $15.00+tip to get there. It is located on a fairly quiet bay. We had reserved 3 single jet skis and we were the only ones signed up. This was the 1st time for all of us. Let me say I am a VERY BIG CHICKEN but I had been soo looking forward to doing this. After a brief lesson, I was the 1st ski pushed into the water. That gave me a few minutes to get acclimated. It's a quick trip across the bay, under the bridge and into the ocean. We could see the Americas Cup race beyond the bridge. Before getting under the bridge I panicked and headed back to the docks. The guide was very good and understanding. He asked if I wanted to ride double with my son or husband but I knew I would just ruin their fun. I found the jet ski very wobbly and I kept over correcting. I never relaxed- apparently the faster you go, the more stable the ride, I wasn't buying it!!! The guys had a blast, went looking for turtles but didn't see much. Out at the shipwreck there were tons of fish and they sped around the water, out by the AC race and the RCCL ship arriving.

I guess the moral of the story is- if you have very nervous riders or young beginners- H2O water sports would be a good place. The location at Dockyard is in a very busy harbor with the ferries, tour boats etc.

it's funny you say you found the ski wobbly because most new skis have an anti-tip sorta mechanism so they require less balance then the old days (say going back 20 yrs ago or so)....I rode one as a kid doubled to my dad before they added this feature not realizing about leaning into turns and such...needless to say I wiped us out multiple times for being too rigid...were their skis new appearing?

I used Somerset last year and it was one of the best excursions I have ever done.

As noted, the faster you go, the easier it is. We did about 45 MPH.

In my signature is a review of my Bermuda Summit cruise, and in it are a lot of pix on the jet ski excursion.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone here with experience on H2O Boston Whaler? We are considering it over Somerset Water Sports because the boats look nicer. Can anyone make a comparison from experience?

Yes we chose H2O because the boats are a little bigger and we had a great experience with them. It's also a great location to leave from, and closer to the cruise ship dock.

We like SWS for the jet ski rentals, but we would recommend H2O for the BW day - great boats and great staff.

• 3 weeks later...
We booked ahead of time and were the only 3 on the tour. I can see why you might want to wait depending on weather conditions. I was constantly checking the long range forecast.

Since H20 is not at the Dockyard it was prudent to book in advance like you did. None would want to take a taxi there and find the tour was booked up. Since KS is at the Dockyard waiting and not booking in advance probably wouldn't be as disappointing if they were booked up.

You shouldn't have a problem just showing up the morning of. But I'm sure they will suggest booking ahead, and I believe they have a lenient cancellation policy for weather as they don't want you out there in high seas.

But contact H2O with that question, that's the best info you can get and it's worth a quick email!

Easily one of our best days in BDM!

Edited by blue_water