New Orleans - Military Parking

falineg

Cruising from NO in July, can anyone tell me if there is a Military discount to park? I know it sounds silly, but both ports in Galveston and Houston offer free parking for military (with proof) cruisers.

Disabled vets and purple heart recipients are entitled to free parking at the official Galveston cruise lots but I don't know of anything for regular active duty/retired. I'd definitely use it!

Never found anything like that in New Orleans. And Galveston does allow free parking for disabled vets and Purple Heart awardees, but not active duty or vets. I'd like to know where the OP found the info about Galveston or Houston.

Disabled vets and purple heart recipients are entitled to free parking at the official Galveston cruise lots but I don't know of anything for regular active duty/retired. I'd definitely use it!

yeah that's what we found as well and he is neither. guess we stick with Lighthouse in December.....

Where did you get the info that Galveston is free?! And is it only the terminal parking?...

Official Port of Galveston Cruise Parking Lots - Discounts

http://www.portofgalveston.com/index.aspx?NID=92

Official Port of Galveston Cruise Parking Lots - General Information

http://www.portofgalveston.com/index.aspx?NID=91

For any of the privately owned Galveston cruise parking lots, you would need to contact them directly about any of their discounts.

Kat emo32.gif

Cruised out of Galveston 3x (2010, 2011 & 2013) and Houston (2015). Each time my Dad(veteran) shows his DD214 form and brother (retired, but probably the same form) and its free gated parking. Galveston was slightly away (from the terminal), but they provide a shuttle to bring you to the terminal. The rest of the family would just wait for him to return. Check the both Ports of Galveston and Port of Houston for their parking regs.

• 1 year later...
Cruised out of Galveston 3x (2010, 2011 & 2013) and Houston (2015). Each time my Dad(veteran) shows his DD214 form and brother (retired, but probably the same form) and its free gated parking. Galveston was slightly away (from the terminal), but they provide a shuttle to bring you to the terminal. The rest of the family would just wait for him to return. Check the both Ports of Galveston and Port of Houston for their parking regs.

Not sure how I wound up on this old thread, but my husband is a disabled vet. POG extended him free parking in 2015,16 and 17. Policy online says disabled vets and purple heart recipients. Not sure if it used to be different. He shows his VA card with the service connected disability stamp on it.