Britannia Club seating choice

pollardtom

Hi,

We are in Britannia Club on the QM2 soon, and were wondering how the seating allocation is done? We've noticed there are 2 seater tables all around the restaurant, we'd really prefer one by a window, rather than at the back of the restaurant. Is this pre-decided or if we make it nice and early on the first day, would we be able to ask for our seat of choice?

Thanks

Tom

Cunard claims that tables for two are allocated according to booking date. The fare you paid will probably affect location as well with the most desirable locations going to those who paid Cunard fare or some other full freight rate.

When you board there should be a card in your stateroom with your table number. You can check it out before dinner and speak with the Maitre D' if you want a change. They want to make everybody happy but the flexibility he has will depend on how full is the ship.

You can dine anytime during opening hours for the 3 meals a day but you are allocated a table for the duration of the cruise.

My only experience of Britannia Club was that a couple who had been upgraded had the window nearest us.

No, I think you get allocated a table for the whole cruise.

Correct. In Britannia Club your allocated table will be the same for all three meals for the duration of your voyage. You can show up anytime during the scheduled dining times.

Since a table for two near a window is important to you, I would suggest that you check out your allocated table right after boarding.

On QV a few years back, six of us (three couples) each made a request for one of the 6-top tables along the rear of Britannia and the request was granted, so it is possible to make such a request (I expect that most people don't make advance requests regarding location).

Isn't Britannia Club anytime dining? Presumably you get a table that is available when you arrive each evening. I would expect everyone would want the window seats.

I thought all dining was either early or late, not anytime.is the Brittania club different from thr MDR?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I thought all dining was either early or late, not anytime. Is the Britannia Club different from the MDR?

Yes it is and it's one of the main selling points of Britannia Club over a "standard" balcony. In BC you are allocated the same table (and waitstaff) for all three meals for the voyage. There is no "early" or "late" dinner seating. One can just show up at anytime that the restaurant is open for dining. Your allocated table is reserved just for you and is always ready and waiting. It's very similar to the dining setup in the Grills. BC dining also has occasional table side flambe entrees and desserts which is not done in the main Britannia restaurant. In general table mates at larger tables agree to dinner time by consensus. This is very popular and BC cabins tend to sell first. When additional cabins were added to QM2 the new balconies were all Britannia Club.

On QM2 BC is a section on the lower level, aft end of Britannia. The only downside is entering it! It's like crossing a busy highway as one has to go across the main path of foot traffic from the galley. Look both ways before crossing! :D

We will be on QE for 95 days in 2018 and are in Britannia Club Guarantee. We booked early last June.

I will be interested to see where we are sitting when we board in San Francisco. I am thinking that the window tables will be hard to come by initially because of the people who boarded starting in Southampton but that once we get to Sydney, we will have a better selection from which to chose. It will be interesting. Now if we get upgraded to either Princess or Queens Grill, they can put me ANYWHERE. :hearteyes:

• 1 month later...
We will be on QE for 95 days in 2018 and are in Britannia Club Guarantee. We booked early last June.

I will be interested to see where we are sitting when we board in San Francisco. I am thinking that the window tables will be hard to come by initially because of the people who boarded starting in Southampton but that once we get to Sydney, we will have a better selection from which to chose. It will be interesting. Now if we get upgraded to either Princess or Queens Grill, they can put me ANYWHERE. :hearteyes:

I hope you have a wonderful world voyage on the QE. We were on board the QE from SF to Southampton in 2014 and then completed the world voyage, crossing on the QM2 to NY. Regarding Britannia Club seating on the QE, we and other full voyage passengers near us had window tables for two the entire voyage. If I recall ours was 257 located in the rear on the restaurant with only one other table for two across from us. I checked saved emails and found that several months before embarking we contacted the restaurant seating administrator at Cunard/PO with our seating preferences based upon a previous QE cruise also in Britannia Club and our request was forwarded to the Britannia Club Maitre d". Unfortunately that link is no longer functioning. However, you may contact the Cunard Onboard Services Coordinator at cunardonboardservices@cunard.com for assistance with seating requests. Hope this is helpful.

Burgee

I hope you have a wonderful world voyage on the QE. We were on board the QE from SF to Southampton in 2014 and then completed the world voyage, crossing on the QM2 to NY. Regarding Britannia Club seating on the QE, we and other full voyage passengers near us had window tables for two the entire voyage. If I recall ours was 257 located in the rear on the restaurant with only one other table for two across from us. I checked saved emails and found that several months before embarking we contacted the restaurant seating administrator at Cunard/PO with our seating preferences based upon a previous QE cruise also in Britannia Club and our request was forwarded to the Britannia Club Maitre d". Unfortunately that link is no longer functioning. However, you may contact the Cunard Onboard Services Coordinator at cunardonboardservices@cunard.com for assistance with seating requests. Hope this is helpful.

Burgee

Thank you so much for this information. I really appreciate it.

I gather that you were pleased with the Club experience in general.

Thanks again.

Thank you so much for this information. I really appreciate it.

I gather that you were pleased with the Club experience in general.

Thanks again.

Yes, we found the food and staff excellent throughout the voyage. Hope you have the same experience. FYI, there were about 500 full world voyage passengers on our trip. In BC we had many newcomers over the several segments. Many Japanese and Australians, some for only a few days once we reached Sidney and headed north to China and Japan and then down to Singapore.

Burgee