La Bufadora

looking4info

Kind of. Take the shuttle bus for $2/pp. You'll get a coupon for $5 off the trip to the Bufadora. $17 pp total.

Was there in March, we hadn't been there in over 10 years. There's a lot more stores now. All selling the same stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but since my question is very close to this one, maybe it belongs here?

Let's say the total cost is $17pp if you take the bus on your own, does it take much longer to get there compared to cruise excursion?

We will be on DCL to visit Ensenada, and we have 2 adults, 1 child (7 yr) and 1 toddler (2 yr). DCL charges $29 for adults, $20 for kid 3-9, and free for toddler 0-2. So if we opt for cruise excursion, our cost will be $78.

If we take the bus ourselves, do we need to pay for the 2yr old? Even if we don't, $51 ($17 x 3) seems to be very much comparable to the cruise sponsored rate, and we don't have to worry about the prolonged transportation (go to downtown first). Am I missing anything?

Another question, I am leaning toward to bring an umbrella stroller with us. Is this practical? Is the surface paved around there or it will be too difficult to maneuver stroller around?

I’d bring the stroller. Things can be a bit bumpy but not cobblestones. Bufadora area would be ok, there’s one set of optional stairs. Only issue would be off the main tourist streets in Ensenada. The sidewalks have open utility boxes in them.

Check out the different Bufadora excursions. Don’t think any just go to the Bufadora. Many go to the cultural center first. The shuttle excursion had lots of wasted time in the beginning and only went to the Bufadora.

Other things....Along the Malecon is a new playground. At the street in front of the port is a new science museum. Geared towards school kids. Physical history on the lower level- earthquakes, water, dinosaurs etc. Upstairs is more local history including an archeological sand table.