Pacific Dawn cabin 11171 below the pool bar

Lily007

Hi,

I am booked on the Pacific Dawn in cabin 11171 on Deck 11, for a 7 day south Pacific cruise leaving in August 17. Has any one stayed in this cabin, particularly since the refurb? It is located directly under the pool bar (and a little behind) and I am hoping it wont be too noisy? Also I have booked mid ship as it is my mums first cruise and I dont want her to be sea sick. On my previous cruises I have stayed in lower levels, do you feel the ship rocking in deck 11 even if you are mid ship?

Thanks for your help.

Hi

We have been twice on the beautiful Dawn and stayed in 11115 on both occasions. I would be shocked if you are disturbed by noise and yes she does roll as any ship does but we never experienced sea sickness. Just enjoy!

Hi,

I am booked on the Pacific Dawn in cabin 11171 on Deck 11, for a 7 day south Pacific cruise leaving in August 17. Has any one stayed in this cabin, particularly since the refurb? It is located directly under the pool bar (and a little behind) and I am hoping it wont be too noisy? Also I have booked mid ship as it is my mums first cruise and I dont want her to be sea sick. On my previous cruises I have stayed in lower levels, do you feel the ship rocking in deck 11 even if you are mid ship?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Lily007,

Not experienced this particular cabin but did have a cabin on Carnival Spirit beneath the pool deck and since then have only chosen cabins with residential decks above and below [emoji3] ( because of much chair scraping, table moving walking round etc around pools)

So because you asked I would say try for same cabin but on deck 10 - good luck and enjoy your cruise.

We were on the Dawn at the end of March and in cabin 11165. NEVER AGAIN, the cabin vibrated so much it was hard to get to sleep and sitting on the toilet gave one a good massage. Walking back to our cabin one day, there was an awful smell. It turned out the drainage from the pantry kitchen was leaking into the passage way. They had buckets to catch the leakage for a while, then brought in an industrial bin to take the leak. It took them 3 days to fix the problem. We had to jam the balcony door open a bit to blow the smell from the cabin. We thought we'd treat ourselves to a mini suit, what a disaster.

We were on the Dawn at the end of March and in cabin 11165. NEVER AGAIN, the cabin vibrated so much it was hard to get to sleep and sitting on the toilet gave one a good massage. Walking back to our cabin one day, there was an awful smell. It turned out the drainage from the pantry kitchen was leaking into the passage way. They had buckets to catch the leakage for a while, then brought in an industrial bin to take the leak. It took them 3 days to fix the problem. We had to jam the balcony door open a bit to blow the smell from the cabin. We thought we'd treat ourselves to a mini suit, what a disaster.

We are booked on 11164 on Pacific Jewel - I do hope this won't vibrate!! I have read some good reports about this room so fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...
We are booked on 11164 on Pacific Jewel - I do hope this won't vibrate!! I have read some good reports about this room so fingers crossed.

Hi Scottygirl- have you travelled in 11164 on Jewel yet? Would be keen on your feedback. I have requested Mini Suite 11165 on Jewel for a cruise next year, and chose it because it was under Luna (which I understand is only open in the evening) rather than a Mini Suite directly under the pool deck (looks like 11165 on Dawn is in a more aft location than the same cabin number on Jewel). Where did you read reports for each cabin? Thanks for your help!

• 1 month later...

We liked our cabin as well. We only heard the scrapping from above twice (once was the Bianco party but no other noises were heard) but it wasn't loud enough to bother us. You would have to be a very light sleeper for it to be a problem.

• 1 month later...