MSC Offers.

It has become a fairly common practice for some of the major cruise lines, i.e Celebrity and Norwegian to name a couple, of offering free gratuities and drink packages etc. I have been researching MSC cruises and have noticed that these do not appear to be offered by the MSC cruise line. Am I correct or should I be more patient and see what transpires in the future. Just chasing an all inclusive deal with a good itinerary. Thanks.

I guess it's all to do with...filling cabins. When there's no shortage of punters, there's a shortage of specials. I think most Mediterranean cruises sell pretty well without specials.

I don't recall MSC doing all inclusive packages in their advertising brochures, are you sure they even offer it?

My advice is if you see a good deal (with or without a drinks package) take it, they do tend to sell the 'on sale' cabins quickly.

I think they do have drinks packages bundled in with some cabin types but the prices probably reflects that inclusion.

I suspect suites would as they do on quite a few other lines. I suppose it would depend on each individual cruise what they offer for other cabin categories.

I suspect suites would as they do on quite a few other lines. I suppose it would depend on each individual cruise what they offer for other cabin categories.

A friend had a balcony cabin on a MSC Caribbean cruise and it included drinks packages.

A friend had a balcony cabin on a MSC Caribbean cruise and it included drinks packages.

If you book an Aurea grade experience it includes the unlimited drink package. This isn't a specific cabin type, but it does apply to upper level (superior) balconies.

Alternatively if you don't have that experience you can buy an Allegrissimo package.

But if you want an 'all-inclusive' experience with cabin pricing including drinks you should book a cabin with the Aurea experience.

But if you want a really all inclusive experience, you can book the Yacht Club. With the Fantastica experience you can buy a book of coupons for drinks, which I believe is a good value if you are not a big drinker. Not sure if this is available for the Bella (basic) experience. But for now, I think MSC is relying on fares, such as 2 for 1. More info on the MSC board. EM

• 3 weeks later...

MSC included a drink package when we booked. Included wine with dinner, barely drinkable, shared with my table mates, fellow Aussies who would drink anything. Water was included, good as they serve you bottled water in dining room and charge for it.

I am not a big drinker and would not have managed a bottle of wine per night so lucky I had my "friends".

MSC also now do a matching status level with several other cruise lines. You just need to fill in the forms on their website with proof of your status and they give you their equivalent. I haven't done ours yet as we haven't made any bookings with them but our RCI D+ level would, I think, give us Black card status on MSC.

Worth looking into if you have status credits on any other cruiseline.

Are there any MSC cruises in the Asia region? I'm guessing not.

MSC also now do a matching status level with several other cruise lines. You just need to fill in the forms on their website with proof of your status and they give you their equivalent. I haven't done ours yet as we haven't made any bookings with them but our RCI D+ level would, I think, give us Black card status on MSC.

Worth looking into if you have status credits on any other cruiseline.

Are there any MSC cruises in the Asia region? I'm guessing not.

Cheers for the information. One day I hope to sail on MSC and utilise the loyalty recognition system they have.

We are going on our first MSC med cruise in September of fantasia. Have done the status match and as we are not particularly loyal to any company, just go with itinerary and best deal at the time, I had several to compare. The aussie msc staff were very good, I just told them what level I was with each company and they advised my celebrity status was the best to use. Ended up with black on Msc. Not all that excited about the perks but anything is better than nothing I guess. The main attraction for us is priority disembarking at the end of the cruise, but readin some posts its sounds like MSC is a free for all chaotic mess on disembarking in Rome. Also get a meal is speciality restaurant. I would have preferred free internet minutes and laundry....

We are going on our first MSC med cruise in September of fantasia. Have done the status match and as we are not particularly loyal to any company, just go with itinerary and best deal at the time, I had several to compare. The aussie msc staff were very good, I just told them what level I was with each company and they advised my celebrity status was the best to use. Ended up with black on Msc. Not all that excited about the perks but anything is better than nothing I guess. The main attraction for us is priority disembarking at the end of the cruise, but readin some posts its sounds like MSC is a free for all chaotic mess on disembarking in Rome. Also get a meal is speciality restaurant. I would have preferred free internet minutes and laundry....

I suppose anything is better than nothing, what level are you with X that gives you the perks they offered.

It's Italian, chaotic at most ports, venues on ship, but they have great itineraries and fabulous ships. It is just different!

It's Italian, chaotic at most ports, venues on ship, but they have great itineraries and fabulous ships. It is just different!

Yes it is different, so just go with the flow.

Agree. Genoa was the most chaotic embarkation I have ever experienced. Would do it again though, as I loved my stay pre cruise at Genoa.

Chaotic disembarkation as well. So bad officers walked off the stage, from where they were checking paperwork, until things calmed down.

Agree spotless ships, great itineraries and good entertainment.

Cheers for the information. One day I hope to sail on MSC and utilise the loyalty recognition system they have.

We have often said we would like to try them out. Getting a few perks along the way is always good.

We are select with X with 148 points. Have done a lot more cruising with princess/po but apparently the X points were worth more.

I had spoken to MSC a few time and been told we would be gold by one person and black by others, so was expecting gold and hoping for black.

Our cruise begins in Genoa and ends in Civit (that place I can't spell) near Rome. Hoping that perhaps most people will do Genoa to Genoa so not so many getting off with us in Rome. Not a big deal anyway as we have a night in a convent near termini so we can comfortably get our 12.30 pm flight to Munich the next day. I'll let you know what we think of MSC, we got what I consider a bargain basement price for 10 nights, had some time to fill in between time with the family in Malta and our river cruise, was looking at apartments in various places and the cruise jumped out at us and said "pick me". An easy flight Malta to Milan, few days in Cinque Terra (on my bucket list) then Genoa, Marseilles,Barcelona, Valletta (hubby bucket list to sail into the grand harbour as his grandpa was chief shipping pilot in working life) then katakalon, corfu, crete, athens and rome. been to all previously but will always find something different to do. The price between 10 nights we are doing and 11 nights ie the extra night from Civit to Genoa was an extra $700+

What a wonderful trip you are going to have, Tara Jane. Don't you just love it when it all comes together! That is why I don't book anything too far ahead anymore, as I can't afford to have a cruise pulled/cancelled in the middle of my grand plans, with non refundable long haul airfares.

Agree, Tara Jane, that sounds amazing.......I can only dream:hearteyes:

We were fortunate enough to leave our jobs and travel around Australia for a couple of years and do a few longer cruises, but now it's work and planning around the annual leave:rolleyes:

We are select with X with 148 points. Have done a lot more cruising with princess/po but apparently the X points were worth more.

I had spoken to MSC a few time and been told we would be gold by one person and black by others, so was expecting gold and hoping for black.

Our cruise begins in Genoa and ends in Civit (that place I can't spell) near Rome. Hoping that perhaps most people will do Genoa to Genoa so not so many getting off with us in Rome. Not a big deal anyway as we have a night in a convent near termini so we can comfortably get our 12.30 pm flight to Munich the next day. I'll let you know what we think of MSC, we got what I consider a bargain basement price for 10 nights, had some time to fill in between time with the family in Malta and our river cruise, was looking at apartments in various places and the cruise jumped out at us and said "pick me". An easy flight Malta to Milan, few days in Cinque Terra (on my bucket list) then Genoa, Marseilles,Barcelona, Valletta (hubby bucket list to sail into the grand harbour as his grandpa was chief shipping pilot in working life) then katakalon, corfu, crete, athens and rome. been to all previously but will always find something different to do. The price between 10 nights we are doing and 11 nights ie the extra night from Civit to Genoa was an extra $700+

Your trip sounds great.

We are Elite with both X and Princess so that would be good for us if they acknowledge either status or both together.