Aloha Shirts (Made in HI) - Where to Purchase

need2cruisesoon

Aloha, we are on the POA in July and was wondering if anybody could give a recommendation on authentic (made in HI) Aloha shirts? Obviously I understand there are many shopping avenues on the 4 island hop but was looking to pick up some nice quality shirts.

I believe Roberta Oaks in Honolulu (chinatown) would be one option from what I've heard.

Mahalo,

Ron

Aloha, we are on the POA in July and was wondering if anybody could give a recommendation on authentic (made in HI) Aloha shirts? Obviously I understand there are many shopping avenues on the 4 island hop but was looking to pick up some nice quality shirts.

I believe Roberta Oaks in Honolulu (chinatown) would be one option from what I've heard.

Mahalo,

Ron

If you want some very decent every day Aloha shirts that are made in Hawaii (100% cotton), try Costco in Hawaii. Last time we checked they were about $20.00 each. They are what a businessman might wear here - not a tourist type of thing. The brand is Cooke Street.

Edited by Silver Sweethearts

Checking my collection of Aloha shirts, Reyn Spooner shows they're made in Hawaii from foreign made cloth. My Tori Richard 100% Lawn Cotton shirts are made in Hawaii but Tommy Bahamas & Jamaica Jaxx are made in China.

Aloha shirts made in Hawaii by Cooke Street & sold at Costco are good 100% cotton shirts for $20. Even more expensive shirts such as Tommy Bahamas & Reyn Spooner are not completely made in Hawaii.

It's been years since purchasing an expensive Aloha shirt but I bought them on sale at Sears. Some of the other brands may still have shops but those where I previously shopped have closed & are now sold at other retailers.

If you ever go to thrift stores you can find racks of aloha shirts in the thrift stores in Honolulu and Pearl City. One is across from KMart on Nimitz Hwy. They are a fraction of the original price and you can find some nice ones. We have found Reyn Spooner, Tori Richards, and others. The aloha shirts at our Costco look nice and Astro Flyer indicates they are made in Hawaii. Check out your local Costco. Also, many of the surf shops have some fabulous aloha shirts. Have you googled aloha shirts made in Hawaii? Have a great trip. Cherie

I have some vintage "Pacific Isle Creations of Hawaii" that were made in Hawaii. You can get these 1960's and 70's shirts online for between $50 and $300.

I do not think they are in business anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
Ok I did pick up 2 cotton Aloha shirts at the Costco in Maui - $20.00

Then on Waikiki at Avanti picked up some retro silk Aloha shirts.

All in all very nice shirts.

Glad you found some.

I should have mentioned before.... I am not sure about Nor Cal, but Costco in So Cal carries Cooke Street and have some very nice ones in stock right now, and Nordstrom carries Reyn's Spooners.

Thank you for letting us know what you found when in Hawaii. I have seen the shirts at Costco but never looked to see if they are made in Hawaii. Thanks again for getting back to us. I hope you had a great cruise. Cherie

• 4 weeks later...

I know you have already cruised and purchased your Hawaiian shirts, but for others searching the forums on this topic, Ross Dress For Less has 20 stores on the islands and they sell Hawaiian shirts. Some are made in Hawaii and some are not, but the prices are obviously very good. BTW, I'm told the authentic shirts have wooden buttons. Feel free to check me on that...