Boston Pre and Post-Cruise

handbellplayer

I have searched the Boards and found some information, but I still have questions. We are arriving at BOS late afternoon 9/16 boarding Serenade on 9/17. I booked the Seaport Hotel through Hotwire for the night of 9/16. I believe we can take the Silver Line for free to the hotel. I believe the hotel is close to the cruise port (a quick cab ride, maybe?).

We get off the ship the morning of 9/24 and have reservations at the Lenox Back Bay (Hotwire, again) that night, flying out 9/25. We want to spend the day on a quick tour of Boston. Some questions: How expensive will it be to take a cab or Uber from the cruise port to the hotel? I’d prefer not to take public transportation with all of our luggage. Is a cab the best way to get back to the airport the next morning? Can we just put together our own walking tour of Boston from the Lenox, or would a HOHO tour be better?

Cab/uber from port to Lenox (good choice) should be $25/$35, depending on traffic.

Your hotel is very near the Marathon Finish Line, and a short walk (10 minutes) from the Public Garden and then the Boston Common, where you will find the Freedom Trail if you want to explore there.

I have searched the Boards and found some information, but I still have questions. We are arriving at BOS late afternoon 9/16 boarding Serenade on 9/17. I booked the Seaport Hotel through Hotwire for the night of 9/16. I believe we can take the Silver Line for free to the hotel. I believe the hotel is close to the cruise port (a quick cab ride, maybe?).

We get off the ship the morning of 9/24 and have reservations at the Lenox Back Bay (Hotwire, again) that night, flying out 9/25. We want to spend the day on a quick tour of Boston. Some questions: How expensive will it be to take a cab or Uber from the cruise port to the hotel? I’d prefer not to take public transportation with all of our luggage. Is a cab the best way to get back to the airport the next morning? Can we just put together our own walking tour of Boston from the Lenox, or would a HOHO tour be better?

The free Silver Line from the airport to the Seaport hotel is very easy. The Silver Line stops on the Departures level and has just one low step. Get on the rear door for easier access to the luggage racks. Inbound from the airport the first stop from the airport is on Congress St in front of the World Trade Center stop behind the Seaport Hotel. Just walk to the corner in the same direction as the bus is going, cross the street, and you will be steps from the hotel lobby way on Seaport Lane.

The hotel to the port is a quick cab ride. There is a cab stand at the hotel entrance.

From the port to the Lenox call Uber. This is not a fun trip on public transit with luggage. You can use Uber or a cab to the airport.

You should focus on what you want to do in Boston. The Freedom Trail is walking on more narrow streets from the Boston Common to Faneuil Hall and then through the North End to Charlestown. The Hoho has a more extensive route on wider streets that also includes Cambridge, Back Bay, and Fenway.

The free Silver Line from the airport to the Seaport hotel is very easy. The Silver Line stops on the Departures level and has just one low step. Get on the rear door for easier access to the luggage racks. Inbound from the airport the first stop from the airport is on Congress St in front of the World Trade Center stop behind the Seaport Hotel. Just walk to the corner in the same direction as the bus is going, cross the street, and you will be steps from the hotel lobby way on Seaport Lane.

The hotel to the port is a quick cab ride. There is a cab stand at the hotel entrance.

From the port to the Lenox call Uber. This is not a fun trip on public transit with luggage. You can use Uber or a cab to the airport.

You should focus on what you want to do in Boston. The Freedom Trail is walking on more narrow streets from the Boston Common to Faneuil Hall and then through the North End to Charlestown. The Hoho has a more extensive route on wider streets that also includes Cambridge, Back Bay, and Fenway.

Thank you! This was exactly the information I needed!