Use of onboard credit for visas

Catpow

On our upcoming cruise on the Voyager, a number of ports require visas which will be arranged on arrival - we just need to bring passport photos. The cost of these, of course, will will be charged to our on board account.

Question: can the cost of these Visas be offset against our onboard credit? I am unsure whether our OBC has been provided by Regent or our travel agent: our invoice does not make this clear. I know, for example, with on board cash advances you can't use Regent provided OBC to offset them as there is no profit component. I thought the same rules might apply for these fixed visa costs - and I understand the logic - but you never know...

I'm sure this must have happened to others as Singapore to Dubai is not a new route.

On our upcoming cruise on the Voyager, a number of ports require visas which will be arranged on arrival - we just need to bring passport photos. The cost of these, of course, will will be charged to our on board account.

Question: can the cost of these Visas be offset against our onboard credit? I am unsure whether our OBC has been provided by Regent or our travel agent: our invoice does not make this clear. I know, for example, with on board cash advances you can't use Regent provided OBC to offset them as there is no profit component. I thought the same rules might apply for these fixed visa costs - and I understand the logic - but you never know...

I'm sure this must have happened to others as Singapore to Dubai is not a new route.

The short answer is "yes".

We did that last year and it reduced our OBC.

Thanks Anchorman. We just need to know how much money we can fritter on OBCs. There's about $USD500 in visas on this trip for a couple. How much Regent will cover will vary from country of origin of the passengers - but I think we can squeeze in a couple of facials and that's why we asked.