Email addresses for Del Rio and Kamlani

gnomie1

I am currently on the Mariner and am having a problem which no one on the ship seems to care about - I would like this resolved now and not three months later when it won't make any difference. Does anyone have the email address for either Frank Del Rio and/or Kunal Kamlani - I think they should be aware of what has transpired on their ship. If things do not change very quickly, this will be our last Regent cruise, and we had every intention of booking three future cruises this week. I do not want to go into detail at this time, let me see if corporate is willing to assist, if not, then I will post what has occurred so all future passengers have had fair warning.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

gnomie1

Um, suggest you don't post your email on a public board (at least think about it before you do).

If you sent Kunai Kamlani an email, you probably have an answer by now (but you could be in another time zone?) In any case, it might be nice to try the President of Regent before going to the CEO (both of whom monitor the boards).:)

Hoping you have spoken directly with the Hotel General Manager on board as your first step.

Good point. the OP seems new to Regent as well as Cruise Critic. I am a bit concerned with the recent negative Mariner posts. Hope we learn what is going on. I may be mistaken but think they is a new G.M. on board.

Good point. the OP seems new to Regent as well as Cruise Critic. I am a bit concerned with the recent negative Mariner posts. Hope we learn what is going on. I may be mistaken but think they is a new G.M. on board.

According to other posts by the OP this is at least her third Regent cruise....

According to other posts by the OP this is at least her third Regent cruise....

Wow -- that is surprising. She is apparently new to CruiseCritic. Really hope she follows through and advises us of the issues. Otherwise, I would question her post.

Um, suggest you don't post your email on a public board (at least think about it before you do). .........

I have posted my email below my SIG for 7 years and nothing bad has happened. What do you think is going to happen? No one from Regent has written to me yet B-).

J

29/403

Are you kidding? I, for one, hope that gnomie1 gets a satisfactory answer to whatever the issue is and comes back to comment on anything EXCEPT what the problem was just to drive the beat down mob crazy. Could someone explain to the folks who do not feel the need to comment endlessly or who are not glued to the CC screen exactly what the correct number of posts are in relation to the year joined, etc etc.? These boards may just drive thoughtful people away. Oh...screen names....good/bad? The officers at a hosted table made mention of the "gnats" when CC was brought up in conversation. People would be nuts to give out personal contact info. Good luck to you gnomie1.

I have posted my email below my SIG for 7 years and nothing bad has happened. What do you think is going to happen? No one from Regent has written to me yet B-).

J

29/403

Obviously some people do post their "real" emails addresses while others (like me) have a special email address that I give out to people that I do not know. A certain (very popular) email site gets regularly attacked. My email address and those of all of my contacts was hacked into a few years ago. They all received a letter stating that I was out of the country, had no money and needed $500 wired ASAP. Fortunately I was not out of the country and contacted everyone. Besides being angry I found it sad that our gardeners wrote to whoever sent the email and offered to pay half because that it all they had. For this reason, I guard my email and that of my friends.

In any event, still hope the OP returns:-)

Joined Dec 2011... Just 5 posts

Wow -- that is surprising. She is apparently new to CruiseCritic. Really hope she follows through and advises us of the issues. Otherwise, I would question her post.

Could someone explain to the folks who do not feel the need to comment endlessly or who are not glued to the CC screen exactly what the correct number of posts are in relation to the year joined, etc etc.?

While those of us who avidly follow these boards and post with varying frequency seemingly cannot fathom being as informed (or informational) as possible, nearly everyone who cruises is NOT on Cruise Critic (I think I've seen figures on the board that about 5% of total cruisers are on Cruise Critic).

I agree that not everyone feels the need to respond to every thread or even (horrors!) log in every day.

Edited by ededmd

Joined Dec 2011... Just 5 posts

IMHO and I am entitled to an opinion, it is helpful to know a little about a poster who is having issues on board and is so upset that she feels the need to come on the board and get the President and CEO's e-mail addresses.

The OP asked for information and it was provided. Often on this board when we see a complaint and it is from a first time poster, well the issue is sometimes taken with a grain of salt.

I was reading this thread on the Cruise Critic App and when using that App a reader can not see info that is on the regular board. Posters signatures do not show or any info about whether this is a brand new poster and just registered in order to make their complaint and disappear (think that is called a One Post Wonder).

The OP is a past Regent cruiser, that tells me she knows what she should experience on board, a complaint like hers is going to get my attention. She also did not JUST join CC to complain, another reason why I would be more likely to be concerned about what happened on board to want to contact FDR.

So yes after reading her post I did briefly look to see what her prior Regent history was.....hoping she is now enjoying a wonderful cruise and what ever the issue is, that it was resolved to her satisfaction! Hope she reports back.

Likely not a "troll"..... This is a very mean spirited forum

It's getting likelier and likelier that Gnome is a troll since she has not reported back to CC!

I don't think the forum is mean spirited - we just want the FACTS!

It's getting likelier and likelier that Gnome is a troll since she has not reported back to CC!

Think you were right about the poster. Yes -- we do want the facts.

Speaking of facts, someone mentioned hearing a negative comment about CC'ers. I had a discussion with a G.M. about that subject on our last cruise and was really shocked to learn that some passengers use CC as a threat if they don't get what they want. Apparently the threat is something like....... if you don't take care of xxxxxx for me, I'll write bad things about this cruise on CruiseCritic. I still have no words......... it is beyond belief that anyone would do something like that (and it is not uncommon):(

For purposes of this OP, I'm going to assume that her issues have been resolved and she is having such a great time with her mom and two nephews that she simply has not thought she even needed to return to "Report Back". Sorry for the long sentence!

I do not understand why it is anyone's business what the problem was

They asked for the email addresses of the top execs & it will be dealt with

No reason for the OP to report to anyone else

One of OP's posts was complaining she didn't get an upgrade. She brought up her recent problem in Cruise Critic , we didn't ! We want to know the good and the bad - that's what Cruise Critic is for.

BTW Best way to get an upgrade is to pay for it.

Edited by TedC

The G.M. on board is Davor Josivovic. A lovely man, quite friendly with an open door policy.

I am on the same cruise as the OP

Please try to give her some leeway on this before you question her intent. The itinerary is port intensive, it is very HOT and HUMID and the internet is temperamental at best. I am sure that running around with two teen-age boys in this weather is tiring and perhaps she is enjoying her cruise and will check in once she returns home.

This is absolutely mean spirited. You want the FACTS??

Can you imagine how she will feel when she reads this thread when she returns?

This is why most people just lurk about on this forum. The OP asked for help, if that help comes with strings attached, she should have been informed before anyone answered her. She is still on her cruise and hopefully enjoying herself. Instead of just being happy to help, the vipers had to pile up and start name calling and demanding satisfaction.

Is that really what this is about?