Mark Conroy

Jancruz

I am so very happy for him. He deserves to be running his own cruise line. My only concern is whether or not Silversea management overseas will permit him to do his "magic".

Thanks for sharing this information:)

I am happy to he is wonderful..Jancruz1

Lucky Silversea! I know he will do an awesome job, and someone like him is just what they need. Unfortunately he is not taking over the company, but just leading the America's office in Fort Lauderdale (soon to be Miami). He will still have to answer to Silversea headquarters in Monaco, but hopefully they give him a long leash!

I can see them:D After reading about the shelves not being above the desk I see that the glasses, etc. are in a cabinet under the desk. The chair that I was referring to in an earlier photo is really nice. This is a nice space for passengers that want a small desk to sit at.

Is the material on the desktop marble or ??? We were in a Mariner suite recently that was redone during the last refurbishment. While the furniture was "okay", I like this much more.

Unsubstantiated ru!mor had it that SS will be offering to match Regent Passengers matching Society benefits as an inducement to switch. If true it would be an inviting incentive.

J

That would be awesome. But probably is just rumor.

The airlines do this all the time - if one is upper level elite, another airline will either match the level or provide one level lower with the stipulation that certain criteria are fulfilled within a specific time period. At one time in my life I traveled extensively for business buying last minute expensive tickets and other airlines were constantly throwing carrots at me (back in the day when there was real competition among the airlines) to get me to fly their airline.

A few years ago a former TA of ours who worked only in the luxury market was trying to entice us to try a different luxury cruise line - to sweeten the pot, he was able to obtain a guarantee that our SS level (platinum) would be matched to the equivalent of the other line. From what I understand, while not a written benefit, a good TA who has solid relationships with their reps can obtain all sorts of various promotions, esp if one spends a considerable amount of money. I am sure it happens more often than we think, it is just not widely publicized.

It would not surprise me if Mark initiated such a program, possible for a very limited time - it is smart marketing and the cost to the cruise line is quite minimal. If it happened, we would bite.

gnomie :)