Taking Own Mountain bike

Techno123

Techno123 - my other half would so love to bring one of his many road bikes with him! I think the limiting factor would be shipping it to the port of departure. When we travel within the states we usually use UPS to ship a bike ahead of time. When checking a bike with the airlines you run the risk of them opening the bike case and not getting all put back together correctly.

Thank you both. We live in the UK so it would probably only be for European flights rather than anything longer haul. I may well need to do some investigation ;) I do know easy jet will take a bike. Would there be anywhere on board to store it or would we have to keep it in the bath/wardrobe?

I doubt it is allowed. I have never seen it in my 35 Regent voyages. Once, I saw a couple with some small fold up bikes. The had to store them in their cabin, carry them ashore and then assemble them. As far as the crew, yes a few of the "Officer" and senior staff have had them.

Two problem I see. The ship is not going to store the bikes for you. What would you do on tender days?

Best to ask you travel agent to get the answer.

J

A bike takes up less space than a wheel chair. The balcony would be an easy place to store it.

We have enviously seen them on tenders several times.

I would suggest that you confirm it with Regent and enjoy the freedom!

I could ask if you want, since we are on board the Voyager right now.

Not just washed overboard but the salty air would not be good for it. My DH's bike always resides in our hotel suites when we travel to races or other bike events. It has been in the Waldorf Astoria in NYC and the Boston Harbor Hotel (we linked cycle trips with business trips). His bike travels inside our car. I would say - if you have tender stops then the bike can stay onboard. Must be honest - I am NOT going to show my DH this thread.

Not just washed overboard but the salty air would not be good for it. My DH's bike always resides in our hotel suites when we travel to races or other bike events. It has been in the Waldorf Astoria in NYC and the Boston Harbor Hotel (we linked cycle trips with business trips). His bike travels inside our car. I would say - if you have tender stops then the bike can stay onboard. Must be honest - I am NOT going to show my DH this thread.

If we take it it might just stop him from talking me through what excellent, potential cycling routes we are walking through (Witches Hill in Klaipeda, the cobbled streets of Tallinn etc) I can just send him off to cycle them in the afternoon whilst I lie on deck with a good book - there is a degree of method in my madness :D

I will ask tomorrow for you.

Our balcony is very deep and could store a bike far away from danger or salt spray!

Thank you I look forward to their answer although I still think that if the bike is allowed onboard it will stay in the suite - I might get the balcony instead ;)

I asked at destination services and reception. I will also confirm/clarify with the GM when I see him.

There are several crew bikes on board and luggage restrictions aside, there doesn't appear to be any reason why a passenger could not bring their own bike on board. They have seen other sports equipment: golf clubs, surfboards etc.

It sounds as if you would be breaking new ground with a bicycle.

The two individuals at reception both agreed that your bike would be stored for you.

We are in Liverpool today, without my bike! :D

Thank you so much for asking - are you going to visit Chester or staying in Liverpool? Hopefully the sun is shining for you - we have certainly been treated to a rare glimpse of the glowing orb that is supposed to live in the sky here in North Wales which isn't very far away :D