2017WC check it out

What an absolutely boring itinerary!!!

No Japan, No China, No Africa, No South America.

Like I said before, at least is is relatively cheap at $500 per diem for the cheapest veranda (f).

j

At least it's going in the "correct" direction -- heading west, one gains an hour at every time zone, and it doesn't hurt too much to lose an entire day at the date line. The Oceania world cruise (180 days, including South America, Africa, China, Korea, Japan and the Philippines, but no Canada, Europe or Mediterranean) is heading east -- we will lose an hour at every time zone, but will enjoy March 23 twice!

The price isn't bad for Regent -- a penthouse is priced close to the price of a penthouse on Insignia -- but the O cruise will be 52 days longer, making the per diem higher on R. Of course, one won't have to buy a beverage package on Regent, and I can't believe anyone would pay over $25,000 per couple for an unlimited beverage package on Oceania. The perks, including medical, are almost exactly the same on both. However, if one has trip insurance, on board medical won't ultimately save any money, it just saves spending the cost out of pocket at the time and having to file for reimbursement.

If the Oceania world cruise had never been offered, I would be tempted by the Navigator WC.

Edited by hondorner

Have your TA contact Regent now....they are taking "pre-requests" for suite bookings and the plan is to address these "a little earlier than official phone opening time" on the 15th.

I'm in.....let's see what happens.

Looks like a great itinerary, to me. I'm not a fan of China, but the extensive stops in Australia and New Zealand sound good.

Not in our future, but kinda wish it was. I love Navigator, despite the sometimes "close quarters". David's not as big a fan. But it would be a very intimate voyage, especially if there were lots of full WC cruisers.

And the price is great. I'll be interested to see how the various segments break down and what the prices are like.

Any idea why they have the two identical cruises listed, #1 and #2?

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

Wendy,

Purely a guess re: #1 and #2:

One was to be the full cruise and the other, segments but they decided just to offer the full trip to start with.

I have no information so "guess" is the operative word.

And as non-tech person, I have no clue how hard it is to change a web site.

Peggy

Edited by xrvlcruiser

Don, After looking at the two itineraries, I was very surprised at your interest in the Regent version. Imo one takes a cruise like this to see a lot and that surely is true on Insignia. My comment to you is BZ:)

If Oceania had never designed the 180 day cruise, the Regent cruise would have seemed very "normal" to me, and, as one of my favored cruise lines, I would definitely have considered it. Most world cruises are between 90 and 130 days.

As it is, I am able to take the far longer cruise at a much lower price, primarily because I'm perfectly willing to spend 6 months in a 165 sq ft ocean view cabin. It's larger than our RV living area...

ltv-unity-u24ib_floorplan.gif

Edited by hondorner

Ah, Wendy: You like the itinerary cause it includes Dunedin. ;-)

Poss, yes! And Pago Pago, which is one of my husband's mythic spots as well.

I read a "great" novel (i.e., an important one), called the Luminaries, by a partly Canadian author set near Dunedin, back during the gold rush. Got me hooked. As well as the namesake thing of course. I once sent email to the Dunedin Public Library about a book thinking that it was the Florida library (of which I am a member), and we had a good laugh when we realized it was in New Zealand!

I've seen this RV -- it is really cute! They will do fine on the WC (do you get included internet so that you can keep us posted?)

Actually, you saw the old, smaller "cute" one. This one is still small by RV standards at just 24'7", but it's an important 2' longer and 16" wider than the old one. We'll probably be heading your way again in 2017 as we want to sail American Empress on the Snake & Columbia rivers.

Maybe you and Dennis could join us!

Yes, unlimited included internet --just one account per cabin, but I think I have a way around that with a little technology. I'll be sending irregular updates; no way I can promise day by day over 6 months!

Edited by hondorner

Don,

Will you post in CC or if not, do you plan to post the link to your blog?

Thanks . . . Peggy

Still working on the blog format. I've been using one that links both to Facebook and to my personal website, but requires that you are my Facebook friend or check my website frequently, which even I don't do. If I find a free, easy to use mailing list manager to send notices when I post, I'll stick with the format I have, which is easy and friendly.

I've tried a couple of times to get next to Wordpress, but so far we're not getting along.

I will post on Cruise Critic from time to time, primarily to answer questions, but likely on the Oceania forum most of the time.

Still working on the blog format. I've been using one that links both to Facebook and to my personal website, but requires that you are my Facebook friend or check my website frequently, which even I don't do. If I find a free, easy to use mailing list manager to send notices when I post, I'll stick with the format I have, which is easy and friendly.

I've tried a couple of times to get next to Wordpress, but so far we're not getting along.

I will post on Cruise Critic from time to time, primarily to answer questions, but likely on the Oceania forum most of the time.

You might take a look at travelpod.com. I've used this site for my blogs. It's pretty easy to upload photos and has a mailing list that an email will go out to each time you post an entry.

Karen

You might take a look at travelpod.com. I've used this site for my blogs. It's pretty easy to upload photos and has a mailing list that an email will go out to each time you post an entry.

Karen

I looked at travelpod previously but can't remember what I didn't like about it. I'm looking at it again.

Oh, yeah -- I remember what I didn't like; the photos are separate from the text. First, the text, then the photos, which don't always match up with the text.

I like the format that's more like a photo blog; a little text, interspersed with photos to illustrate the text. I'll find the right one sooner or later, or else I'll beat me head against WordPress until I understand it.