Luggage service

vinonme2

Does Princess offer a service similar to Holland America's Luggage Direct whereby the day before you are getting off the ship, you are provided luggage tags and boarding passes for your flight home? You do not even have to check in. Your luggage is taken to the airport and the only luggage you have to take off the ship is your carry on. The next time you see your luggage is at your home airport. The service is $19.95. I have never used this service but from posts about it, it sounds wonderful. I looked on the Princess web site but couldn't find anything like it.

In another month I will be cruising solo for the first time; starting off with Holland America and ending with a Princess cruise. A service like this would be a real help.

Thank you for any help.

You won't find anything about it on princess.com because it is not offered at all ports and all airlines. You will have to see Passenger Services when you get aboard.

But if it is available it is well worth it--I think it was $20 last time I used it. And it works exactly as you described.

I will be flying out of Fort Lauderdale on Southwest.
It'll be offered. :)

On my Royal cruise last April, we (my sister and I in separate cabins) never received the EZ Check form. I went down to the Passenger Services Desk and asked for the forms. Fortunately, I was able to sign us up. If I hadn't have asked, we would have missed it.

Bottom line: don't be shy about asking for the form. I always bring an extra copy of my e-ticket to hand in with the form. I never assume that they'll see that I have no luggage fees.

Does Princess offer a service similar to Holland America's Luggage Direct whereby the day before you are getting off the ship, you are provided luggage tags and boarding passes for your flight home? You do not even have to check in. Your luggage is taken to the airport and the only luggage you have to take off the ship is your carry on. The next time you see your luggage is at your home airport. The service is $19.95. I have never used this service but from posts about it, it sounds wonderful. I looked on the Princess web site but couldn't find anything like it.

In another month I will be cruising solo for the first time; starting off with Holland America and ending with a Princess cruise. A service like this would be a real help.

Thank you for any help.

Yes they do.

On my Royal cruise last April, we (my sister and I in separate cabins) never received the EZ Check form. I went down to the Passenger Services Desk and asked for the forms. Fortunately, I was able to sign us up. If I hadn't have asked, we would have missed it.

Bottom line: don't be shy about asking for the form. I always bring an extra copy of my e-ticket to hand in with the form. I never assume that they'll see that I have no luggage fees.

Great!! Hopefully they offer it for United too, as I would love to partake in this service!! We have a late flight out on our cruise and it would be easier to tour FLL without our luggage!

Thank you all.

I will be flying out of Fort Lauderdale on Southwest.

FYI: Seen it posted people who had a "senior fare" on Southwest were not able to participate in the program. If I remember correctly, it has something to do with being able to verify age.

Great!! Hopefully they offer it for United too, as I would love to partake in this service!! We have a late flight out on our cruise and it would be easier to tour FLL without our luggage!

According to this site, United is a participating airline as of Feb 9, 2015. May want to ask PSD.

http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.com/search?q=ez+check

Thank you all for the great tips! Because I'll be traveling for a month, experiencing different climates and have never been successful in packing lightly, this luggage service sounds perfect for me.

I will definitely go to the Passenger Service Desk and get the necessary forms, and as Pam in CA suggested, will have an extra copy of my e-ticket.

I certainly qualify for a senior rate but it wasn't available, so I booked the "wanna get away" rate; hopefully that won't be a problem.

Thank you all again so much!

FYI: Seen it posted people who had a "senior fare" on Southwest were not able to participate in the program. If I remember correctly, it has something to do with being able to verify age.

o Once you are verified to be a senior, it is in your Southwest profile and does not affect future travel with that fare. Before it is verified, you cannot check-in before going to the airport.

o The Southwest Senior Fare used to be at a good price. Now it is always higher than "wanna getaway" fares and only might be useful for last minute reservations when the "wanna getaway" far is no longer available.

o Once you are verified to be a senior, it is in your Southwest profile and does not affect future travel with that fare. Before it is verified, you cannot check-in before going to the airport.

Thanks caribill for the clarification:).