Do they give you an insulated mug when you buy a coffee card?

The Other Tom

...or should I bring one from home. I might want to get a mug full of brewed coffee in the IC then go to the MDR for breakfast. I don't want to bother the servers by asking for brewed coffee as it would be more work for them.

Nope, you either get a paper takeaway cup like Starbucks typeor a ceramic coffee cup to enioy on site. The insulated coffee cups are for sale. So yeah, bring your own!

I got one when I bought a coffee card on Princess last year. I take it with me whenever I cruise on Princess. I take it to the buffet in the morning and fill it with coffee and hot chocolate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Diana, did you check your bill for the charge of the mug??? :eek: LOL

Tony

...or should I bring one from home. I might want to get a mug full of brewed coffee in the IC then go to the MDR for breakfast. I don't want to bother the servers by asking for brewed coffee as it would be more work for them.

That question was a joke , right??

Got the stainless mug for $8.

The barista Tania on our last Ruby Princess cruise (when we used our coffee cards for the first time) was so busy, she gave us two of the premium Iced Coffees, the one with the banana blended in AND 2 insulated coffee mugs and then she never punched our cards nor charged us for the mugs! :)

It was the first time we were using coffee cards so we did not know at the time if it was just an oversight/mistake from her side.

Edited by nipponcruiser

They used to give them away as part of the coupon books that you received when you got on board. Not any more.

Yes, I have four that I got that way. They have several rows of rubber-like dots so you can hold them when they get hot (or slippery), but no handles. They did sell them for five dollars.

Until around five years or so ago you would get a free insulated mug with the coffee card. I can't remember if you needed a coupon. Then they offered the mugs at a reduced price and I don't believe a coupon was required. We haven't bought a coffee card for years because we have traded in our Elite mini-bar for two coffee cards several times so I don't know if they are still selling the mug at a reduced price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The barista Tania on our last Ruby Princess cruise (when we used our coffee cards for the first time) was so busy, she gave us two of the premium Iced Coffees, the one with the banana blended in AND 2 insulated coffee mugs and then she never punched our cards nor charged us for the mugs! :)

It was the first time we were using coffee cards so we did not know at the time if it was just an oversight/mistake from her side.

Now Tania has a new job she has to row the lifeboats to and from Princess Cays :eek:

Tony