Princess newbie

FrankieSue

Not very familiar with Princess, we have cruised mostly Holland America to date.

Just booked an itinerary with Princess Carribean. Booked Emerald deck cabin420 (obstructed OV). Some pictures that I have seen, show the bed under the window, others not. Can you help me and tell me where is the location of the bed. Also any info on cabin and ship will be most welcome.

I look forward to reading your comments.

Not very familiar with Princess, we have cruised mostly Holland America to date.

Just booked an itinerary with Princess Carribean. Booked Emerald deck cabin420 (obstructed OV). Some pictures that I have seen, show the bed under the window, others not. Can you help me and tell me where is the location of the bed. Also any info on cabin and ship will be most welcome.

I look forward to reading your comments.

Try this link.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/home

Trish

Thank you all. Your willingness to share your :eek:knowledge is very much appreciated.... Happy sailing!

Our first Princess cruise was also on the Caribbean Princess, following 2 HAL cruises (Westerdam and Oosterdam). The ship is definitely larger, with more passengers. I loved being able to walk all the way around the bow on deck 8 as part of the promenade, which goes mostly around deck 7. Your bathroom will only have a shower, no tub. I thought the food was comparable, although the buffet set up was simplified. The International cafe was a nice feature. We missed the Crows nest on HAL, but enjoyed the great variety of entertainment and live music on the CB.

You will have a great time.

donswife I really enjoyed reading your positive comments about the Caribbean Princess. We have a cruise booked for next Sept. on the Caribbean. I like big ships, and the International Cafe. If I understood correctly you liked the way the buffet is set up. Sounds as if there's lots to like. :)

Can't help much on the obstructed view ... just that we have good cruise friends who always book one on Princess and find them to be a good value which is important to them because they take lots of cruises each year.

Your ocean view cabin (obstructed or not) will be smaller than on your favorite, HAL.

On the positive side ... Caribbean Princess has lots more food options open at better/more times. The IC (International Café) is always open.

Way better entertainment and much more to do!

HAL & Princess are both very decent cruise lines and you won't go into "culture shock" giving Princess a try! :D