BVE activities advice

MJC

I just booked a BVE on the Regal while it's in NYC as a treat for DH. My question is, since it will be October and likely too chilly for the pool, what should we do with our time between lunch and debarkation? Any suggestions?

I just booked a BVE on the Regal while it's in NYC as a treat for DH. My question is, since it will be October and likely too chilly for the pool, what should we do with our time between lunch and debarkation? Any suggestions?

Explore the ship! I've never been on it and would want to check it all out!!

The enclave, the Bellini bar, the sanctuary there... don't forget to pick up your free photo!! Book a future cruise credit deposit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They offer a guided tour. On the one we did last Saturday that would be about an hour. We did a self-tour. We've never been on the Coral and wanted to see how it differed from the Pacific and the Grand class ships. Our walk-about took approx. 1 1/2 hours. We left around 2 rather than 3, just because DH has a problem with his feet when he walks too much. :p If he hadn't had an issue we could easily have seen more in the remaining hour.

The Regal is seriously bigger than the Coral. You should have no problem filling up your allotted time.

Don't forget to buy some Future Cruise Deposits while you're on the ship.:D

We are planning to do the guided tour, which is before lunch. I hope to stay until they kick us off. :) I'm guessing we won't be able to drink at the bars, right, because we don't have a shipboard account?

FCC's are a good recommendation. I have my eye on a cruise for 2017.

We are planning to do the guided tour, which is before lunch. I hope to stay until they kick us off. :) I'm guessing we won't be able to drink at the bars, right, because we don't have a shipboard account?

FCC's are a good recommendation. I have my eye on a cruise for 2017.

You CAN drink at the bars!!:D

You have to check in just as if you were going on the cruise when doing the BVE! You enter your passport info, or birth certificate and ID, give a credit card for on board expenses!! You even have to print your boarding pass to get on board. It's funny.... and when you fill out your FCC deposit form, you have to put BVE and they will email you the confirmation after. It has to be done when you are on board though!

Doing BVE is a great way to test out a ship!! I love it!!

Hopefully you have a good Captain Circle Host and get a good tour!! We normally tour around ourselves.

Have fun!!

OH!! And if you book within a certain amount of time after your BVE you can use the cost of the BVE towards your next cruise as a credit to the cruise payment!!

Edited by jennybenny
add the comment about credited BVE cost

And if you book within a certain amount of time after your BVE you can use the cost of the BVE towards your next cruise as a credit to the cruise payment!!

That was the main reason we did the BVE last Saturday. We did want to see the Coral, but any ship would do. We needed to restock our FCDs, we used them all up booking the current 3 for free sale. We've actually booked 2 28 day Tahiti cruises with gratuities PAID. Love this sale.:D

That was the main reason we did the BVE last Saturday. We did want to see the Coral, but any ship would do. We needed to restock our FCDs, we used them all up booking the current 3 for free sale. We've actually booked 2 28 day Tahiti cruises with gratuities PAID. Love this sale.:D

That's awesome!! That cruise is on my bucket list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi MJC I will be doing BVE on the Regal 10/15 with DH & friends. I hope it will be a beautiful fall day. The Regal is a beautiful ship. Take the tour if you have never been on this class of ship. Have lunch in the MDR, Alfredo's , Horizon Court, or IC. Don't forget to stop in the pastry shop in the horizon court for dessert. If you have any unused punches on a coffee card you can get a gelato yummmm. Definately purchase FCC. The $39pp you paid for BVE can be credited to a cruise if you book within 90 days.

Hi Missy, we're doing 10/22. We've done a lot of small ship cruising, but we really fell in love with the layout of the CB and the EP, which are the largest ships we've ever been on. I thought it would be good to experience the Regal to see if our impression that it is too big for our taste is truly accurate. Also, we've never been on a really new ship since we did the Paul Gauguin in it's second season, so that will be fun!

The ship I felt most crowded on was the Dawn. When the weather was cold and everyone was inside, there wasn't a venue that wasn't packed to the gills. We were glad to have a mini suite because we spent a lot of time during sea days in our cabin.

I have to read up on FCD or FCC whatever it's called. We're hoping to do the Baja Peninsula next year to swim with the whale sharks. :)

Just walk leisurely around decks 5, 6, 7, 16, 17, 18 & 19, Fwd to Aft. View every facility and outlets. Grab a bite and/or drink where possible. Before you know it, it's already debark time.

What do you mean to chilly for the pool?? I went swimming in Alaska in late September. (Coral Princess) Of course it was a challenge, from a younger set after a few cocktails.

One of my more fun cruises, of course hubby gave me the stink eye when my hot tub cohort (another older female) and I jumped in the pool. Challenge met and completed :D:D Yes, the younger set paid up with ,you guessed it more cocktails.......lol. (Could have used a hot Chocolate),but it was our choice, so we did champagne........

They were the only four in the pool, we were the only two in the hot tub!

Hey, they dared us!:)

Edited by Reader0108598

What do you mean to chilly for the pool?? I went swimming in Alaska in late September. (Coral Princess) Of course it was a challenge, from a younger set after a few cocktails.

One of my more fun cruises, of course hubby gave me the stink eye when my hot tub cohort (another older female) and I jumped in the pool. Challenge met and completed :D:D Yes, the younger set paid up with ,you guessed it more cocktails.......lol. (Could have used a hot Chocolate),but it was our choice, so we did champagne........

We froze our "toes" off in that pool ,but the most fun we had in awhile,after I caught my breath! (ever jump into a freezing pool)

Do what you want,have fun, no matter what you do, enjoy your BVE!

Edited by Reader0108598

If you go for the sit down lunch in the main dining room, that will take a big chunk of time. That is what we did for the BVE lunch and they were very slow and it took a long time in between courses. Next time we do a BVE we will eat lunch in the buffet and have more time for exploring. (Plus, don't miss the Regal buffet - it is fantastic!)

You're a lot braver than I am. Since I'm the one driving home, there's no way I can have enough cocktails to make me take the plunge. :)

If you go for the sit down lunch in the main dining room, that will take a big chunk of time. That is what we did for the BVE lunch and they were very slow and it took a long time in between courses. Next time we do a BVE we will eat lunch in the buffet and have more time for exploring. (Plus, don't miss the Regal buffet - it is fantastic!)

Perhaps if it's very slow we'll skip dessert and stop at the buffet for that later. I hope we have good weather so we can get some awesome shots of the skyline from up top. There are good views of downtown from Red Hook.

Our favorite thing to do on embarkation days is to start at the top and tour the whole ship all the way down. So fun.

Hi MJC I will be doing BVE on the Regal 10/15 with DH & friends. I hope it will be a beautiful fall day. The Regal is a beautiful ship. Take the tour if you have never been on this class of ship. Have lunch in the MDR, Alfredo's , Horizon Court, or IC. Don't forget to stop in the pastry shop in the horizon court for dessert. If you have any unused punches on a coffee card you can get a gelato yummmm. Definately purchase FCC. The $39pp you paid for BVE can be credited to a cruise if you book within 90 days.
Don't forget the Trident Grill and Prego Pizzeria [emoji6] Why eat at just one venue. You can eat at as many places as you wish [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Forums