Lied to

How many times have you been lied to by customer contact employees of Royal? On radiance right now. Called RS. Was told an hour and a half. Called back to cancel. Got a cAll from RS mgr. told only reason was they were busy. Food was being cooked right now. But one and a half wait. Decided didn't want cold food. Why do they always lie as first option?

Very difficult to answer your question as it is not clear what was going on.

The basic question was have you ever been lied to by a customer contact unit of Royal Caribbean as a first response? How is that question not clear? This unfortunately has not been our first experience of this.

How many times have you been lied to by customer contact employees of Royal?

A clear answer to the clear question - Never!

On radiance right now. Called RS. Was told an hour and a half. Called back to cancel. Got a cAll from RS mgr. told only reason was they were busy. Food was being cooked right now. But one and a half wait. Decided didn't want cold food. Why do they always lie as first option?

This part was not that clear - was told what?

Translation (I think): OP called room service to order food. After ordering was told one and one half hour wait. Thought about it, and called back to cancel order because didn't want to wait. Received call from room service manager basically stating that the food was being prepared now (almost immediately) and why was he cancelling? OP thinks he was lied to about some facet of the transaction (lead time or the fact that food is already being cooked).

I hope I got it right....;)

Translation (I think): OP called room service to order food. After ordering was told one and one half hour wait. Thought about it, and called back to cancel order because didn't want to wait. Received call from room service manager basically stating that the food was being prepared now (almost immediately) and why was he cancelling? OP thinks he was lied to about some facet of the transaction (lead time or the fact that food is already being cooked).

crookedhalo: Thank you so much for the translation - sometimes difficult for us non-English speaking people to get the right understanding.

CptSticky: An invitation to express yourself more clearly.

Still never been lied to by Royal employees!

Perhaps it was 1.5 hours wait time from the start. When the RS manager found out they were cancelling it got pushed up to the next meal made while others got bumped back in line?? Just a different take of what could have happened.

Even with MDR food ordered to our suite our normal wait is 40 minutes for delivery and have waited one time as long as 60 for it to be delivered. Heck one time we were on hold 15 minutes waiting to have or order taken. We hung up and went to the WJ. Why would we wait another 40 minutes or more for delivery on top of that. When RS gets busy it can take a period of time, however 1.5 hours right from the start does seem long to me.

I don't think I have ever been deliberately lied to ... I think I have been given a version of the truth that makes perfect sense to the individual in question on many occasions whereas a drunken monkey could probably notice the BS meter rising rapidly.

Last cruise for example the head waiter spent about 30 minutes explaining to our table that the hair that had been found the night before in our of our meals was not a hair but was in fact a root from a vegetable of some kind that had somehow found its way onto the steak.

Never got around to just saying "we are so sorry" which is all that needed to be said and we would have all moved on, instead we got 30 minutes of pure BS. When nobody believed her she then summoned the head chef to give us the same story.

I honestly don't think they were lying they just wanted desperately to believe a different story and convince us of it.

How many times have you been lied to by customer contact employees of Royal? On radiance right now. Called RS. Was told an hour and a half. Called back to cancel. Got a cAll from RS mgr. told only reason was they were busy. Food was being cooked right now. But one and a half wait. Decided didn't want cold food. Why do they always lie as first option?

Never been lied too, and hope never will be. If I was Id threaten to call them out by name on that precious survey most of them are so scared about. :D

crookedhalo: Thank you so much for the translation - sometimes difficult for us non-English speaking people to get the right understanding.

I am English speaking from US and I didn't get it :)

The basic question was have you ever been lied to by a customer contact unit of Royal Caribbean as a first response? How is that question not clear? This unfortunately has not been our first experience of this.

They said 90 minutes. You didn't give them the opportunity to meet what they said. Perhaps too conservative a time estimate. Not a lie.

I would have cancelled as well by the way. 90 minutes is ridiculous.

I am English speaking from US and I didn't get it :)

Me, too, and a former English teacher as well. Having said that, my answer is never also. How many times have you gone into a busy restaurant and given your name to the host and told there would be, say, an hour wait. You no sooner order a drink at the bar then five minutes later your table is ready. Happens. Chill.

The question may have been clear. The rest of your post however, was not.

Edited by dcgrumpy

Why assume the worst? People make mistakes. Why assume the worst, especially with no proof? Most people are honest, and I have found the employees on the ship very accommodating.

I see it as the order taker giving you the worst case scenario. It's really no different to me than going to a busy restaurant on land and being told there is an extensive wait for a table, yet you're seated in a fraction of the time.

I wouldn't get all worked up over it on vacation, but that's just me. If I was told an hour and a half I'd probably tell them to forget it, find a different option, and then express my feelings on the survey!

I missed the RS, ( Room Service), but can't recall ever being lied to. To many times in the business world we receive a response that doesn't properly explain the delay we are experiencing. Perhaps if I was told an hour & a half for Room Service I would have cancelled right away and gone to the WJ diningroom.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Sometimes it amazes me what people complain about. But what amazes me even more is that people take time out of their vacation to post a complaint or grip about something that is not really a big deal. Or at least it's not something that will ruin a good cruise.

Please enjoy your vacation and don't sweat the small stuff.

hell I AM English as a Primary Language speaking and I still needed translation!

'lied' to' is a bit of a stretch. you were originally told 90 minutes. when you called back to say forget it, you were told that your order was being prepared at the time and would be on it's way soon. now depending on when you ordered, how much you ordered and variety of other factors, 90 minutes is actually not out of the realm of possibility. about the only issue I would have is if I took them at their word of 90 minutes and left the cabin to do something else, and the food actually arrived sooner, causing it to not be delivered, or dropped off and gotten cold

If you ever watched Star Trek, Scotty always doubled his repair estimate time. that way when he finished sooner, he came out smelling like a miracle worker. it is possible the person who took you order actually said or implied that it could take UP TO 90 minutes. which os NOT a lie under any definition of the term.

To be honest, other than just letting off steam, which everyone needs, I don't see the point to many of these threads. Does Spartacus seriously think everyone is going to rise up and declare room service lied to ME as well?

I don't understand why the OP is wasting there time on vacation to post this.....its like they said my food is 1.5 hours late....I need to post this on cruise critic right now so everyone knows about it.

Clearly the manager knows about it because they called you. But if you really want to complain some more you should go to guest services not cruisecritic.

If you were really hungry you could have gone to the windjammer or somewhere else and brought the food back to your room.

The part that's not clear is exactly what you thought was a "lie." Do you think the 1.5 hour time was a lie, or the claim that they were busy, or that they were working on cooking your order? It's not obvious that any one of those was a lie.