Dining Table Request Question

Is this the correct email address if I want to request that our party be seated by ourselves at dinner: rcldining@rccl.com ? (We have early seating)

We are currently 12 days away from our Oasis cruise, and I emailed them almost a week ago, but have not had a response. Does booking with a TA have something to do with it? Or is there a different email I should use?

Whenever I read about people requesting a table, they always seem to say that they got a response within a day or two, so I'm just curious. Worse comes to worse, I'll just go to the MDR once I board, but I would like to have at least attempted to request it pre-cruise. Anyone have experiences or tips they can share?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Is this the correct email address if I want to request that our party be seated by ourselves at dinner: rcldining@rccl.com ? (We have early seating)

We are currently 12 days away from our Oasis cruise, and I emailed them almost a week ago, but have not had a response. Does booking with a TA have something to do with it? Or is there a different email I should use?

Whenever I read about people requesting a table, they always seem to say that they got a repose within a day or two, so I'm just curious. Worse comes to worse, I'll just go to the MDR once I board, but I would like to have at least attempted to request it pre-cruise. Anyone have experiences or tips they can share?

That is the email I've used many times. Very rarely I don't get a response. I'd try again.

Whenever I read about people requesting a table, they always seem to say that they got a response within a day or two, so I'm just curious. Worse comes to worse, I'll just go to the MDR once I board, but I would like to have at least attempted to request it pre-cruise. Anyone have experiences or tips they can share?

That's the correct email. You need to give them your Names, Reservation #, Cabin # and type of table you are requesting e.g. table for 4 or 6. I have always received a response in less than a week.

I've always gotten a timely reply, but I book directly with RC and do not use a

TA. Perhaps they need the request to come from your TA. Have you asked your TA to handle this for you?

I haven't asked my TA to do it, but I can if needed. I figured I'd try on my own first.

That's the correct email. You need to give them your Names, Reservation #, Cabin # and type of table you are requesting e.g. table for 4 or 6. I have always received a response in less than a week.

Alright, I will try again. I did include my reservation number, but didn't even think to include our names or cabin #. Wish me luck this time! :o

Also: Probably a stupid question, but we have 3 people in our group. Before I send another email, it it even possible to be seated alone, even though there really aren't tables for 3? This is our first cruise with only 3 people, we usually travel with 7+ and have our own table, so I'm just not sure!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Alright, I will try again. I did include my reservation number, but didn't even think to include our names or cabin #. Wish me luck this time! :o

Also: Probably a stupid question, but we have 3 people in our group. Before I send another email, it it even possible to be seated alone, even though there really aren't tables for 3? This is our first cruise with only 3 people, we usually travel with 7+ and have our own table, so I'm just not sure!

There is no table for 3. They have 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10. If you are Diamond or Diamond Plus they might accommodate your request.

There is no table for 3. They have 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10. If you are Diamond or Diamond Plus they might accommodate your request.

I know that there is no table for 3, but I'm curious if they can still seat us by ourselves, say, at a table for 4? Follow what I'm saying?

we are 5 and they always give us a table for 6 with no one joining us.

But that is what I ask for.

One of the 5 is a child so they may not want to subject someone else to that.:D

we are 5 and they always give us a table for 6 with no one joining us.

But that is what I ask for.

One of the 5 is a child so they may not want to subject someone else to that.:D

Awesome, thanks so much. Just so I'm clear when I send my email, do you request a table for 6, but just to be seated by yourselves, or do you just request to be seated by yourselves with no mention of table size? Sorry to ask all these questions... :)

What I dont want is to request a table for 4, but end up with a solo traveler sitting with us. NOTHING against solo travelers :D, but I think that would prove to be a little awkward.

Awesome, thanks so much. Just so I'm clear when I send my email, do you request a table for 6, but just to be seated by yourselves, or do you just request to be seated by yourselves with no mention of table size? Sorry to ask all these questions... :)

What I dont want is to request a table for 4, but end up with a solo traveler sitting with us. NOTHING against solo travelers :D, but I think that would prove to be a little awkward.

I would love to have a solo traveler at my table. The fact that someone is confident and adventurous enough to travel on their own likely also comes with some great stories and a very outgoing personality. My guess is it wouldn't be awkward at all, as they are probably some of the nicest and more entertaining people you'll find on board. They probably also would really appreciate being welcomed by people who would enjoy good conversation and give them some company so they don't feel rejected and shunned just because they don't have a travel partner.

Anyway, that being said, I'm sure a lot of people like to eat only with those they are traveling with and that's understandable and perfectly ok. I think a lot of tables end up with several guests who never show up anyway because they eat at the buffet or the specialty restaurants instead, so even if you get put at a mixed table, your chances of eating alone are probably higher than you think.

Also- if you have a travel agent, sometimes they give you a different reservation number than the one Royal gives them for you because that's just the way they keep their records. Ask your travel agent to make sure you have the Royal confirmation number and not just the travel agent confirmation number, that might be why Royal didn't reply, because they don't know who you are. And check your spam.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting and including the email address. Several weeks ago I decided I needed to contact RCI regarding our preferences for table assignment in the MDR on our upcoming cruise but then forgot to do so. Your posting provided the impetus and info I needed. Hope you have a great cruise.

Just wanted to thank everyone again, and let you know that I got a response today, and they accommodated me nicely! Table for 3 by thewindow!

Glad it worked out, and thanks for letting us know.:)

I am on the same cruise as the OP. Question - is there a bad place to sit in the MDR? We are a party of 8 with MTD and don't mind sharing a table but I was curios, is location a big deal?

I am on the same cruise as the OP. Question - is there a bad place to sit in the MDR? We are a party of 8 with MTD and don't mind sharing a table but I was curios, is location a big deal?

Offhand, I cannot think of a bad table location.

I sent RCLdining a request for 3 and was told since I had MTD they couldn't reserve it for us. Has anyone else with MTD been able to reserve their table?

Well with MTD, you don't have a set table. You can make a reservation for each night for just the 3 of you. If you like where you were seated one night, you can request to have that table again.

Yes, there are plenty of bad locations in the MDR with MTD. Anywhere along the main aisles is a problem. Since everyone is coming and going at different times sitting next to the main aisles is like sitting in the middle of a busy hallway. The worst spot is immediately inside the door, everyone walks right by your table and it seems like half of the people bump your chair. :rolleyes: Many times they have a few large tables right by the door and they seem to seat some young families with very young children in this area. I would request a table by the windows. The curtains will be closed and you can't see outside, but it will be a much quieter area.

How long before the cruise is a good time to request a table by the window for the folks in our party from 3 cabins?

I usually send the request about 3 weeks before the cruise.