Loving the Allure!

Flew from the US last Thursday to Paris for two fabulous days. We took the High Speed Train from Paris to Barcelona for two more amazing days, before boarding the Allure yesterday. So far everything is great! Wonderful meal (at 1/2 price) at Chops last night. Had the Roast Beef sandwich at Central Park when we boarded which was very good and not crowded at all. Luggage came right away, Cabin Steward, Renaldo is awesome. In a JR Suite on the hump, deck 9 and it's great. Saw Headliner Show doing a'Queen' tribute which was very good. Ocean Aria canceled due to weather .... Got rainy and windy last night. Did Windjammer for breakfast and that too was good. GREAT SERVICE EVERYWHERE! All staff friendly, happy, helpful and professional! Now if the wind would die down a little and the temperature warm up a little I'd be even happier! Just an amazing trip so far! :)

Glad your having a great time. Since you have the wifi it seems like it is working well. Have you tried to FaceTime home or watch videos?

We join Allure on May 28th so prepare her for our arrival. :D

Great to hear you are having a good time on the Allure.

We have had snippets of info from another thread, can you confirm if the Freestyle soda machines are working and have all flavor selections?

Have a great cruise :)

That sucks about the weather! I sail in the 31st May and the forecast is not looking that great either.. and we have Aqua Theatre booked for night 1.. fingers crossed the forecast is wrong.

Whats the mix of nationalities on board?

Glad your having a great time. Since you have the wifi it seems like it is working well. Have you tried to FaceTime home or watch videos?

We join Allure on May 28th so prepare her for our arrival. :D

We never bothered with the WiFi before since we'd heard it was so slow and didn't think it was worth it, but apparently for Oasis and Quantum Class ships at least, we were told the technology has much improved. I can tell you it's faster than the hotels we were in in Paris and Barcelona, and they weren't bad! We got the 1st day pkg with 50% off second device, so for both my husbands laptop and my tablet, with the Diamond discount, it came to $82 something for the 5 days unlimited. Works for us to upload and post pictures and email. They said you can stream movies but we haven't tried. Haven't done face time either, sorry!

Looking forward to being onboard at the end of June!

Any info and updates will be appreciated! Enjoy! :D

One thing that's new to us at least is you don't just walk into Windjammer anymore. There's a line! Seems restrictive if you just want to check things out and not necessarily eat just then, but even though you might wait in line for a little bit, they find you a table! That does beat walking around with a plate of food getting cold looking for a table. Lots of staff and all very happy and helpful.

Great to hear you are having a good time on the Allure.

We have had snippets of info from another thread, can you confirm if the Freestyle soda machines are working and have all flavor selections?

Have a great cruise :)

Sorry, we don't have the package, but people walking around with the cups don't seem to be having any issues!

That sucks about the weather! I sail in the 31st May and the forecast is not looking that great either.. and we have Aqua Theatre booked for night 1.. fingers crossed the forecast is wrong.

Yes I wish it was warmer, I enjoy the hot weather! Hoping it's better for Rome tomorrow! There are people at the pool though. We are hoping to see the Aqua Show tonite since our reservations for last night were canceled.

Americans seem to be in the minority here. Many Italian, Spanish, French and German .... Sounds like at least! Some Britain's too. The staff has many Phillipine and Jamaican and all are awesome!

This is great to hear. My fiancé and I booked our honeymoon on allure and are so excited to sail in October from Rome.

If possible please take and share photos of the ship.

And of course enjoy!

Glad you like the Allure and the Jr. suite. We are on her after she returns to US in 9240 in the center hump on deck nine. Any other pro or cons on room. Have been in Jr several times but not on Allure. Also did you get to dine in suite area restaurant on deck 17 for dinner. Bob

Oh god I hope the weather will be good, wouldn't like to be on a rocky ship,

Never experienced rocking on a ship before I dunno would I like it, fingers crossed the weather will be good,

Oh god I hope the weather will be good, wouldn't like to be on a rocky ship,

Never experienced rocking on a ship before I dunno would I like it, fingers crossed the weather will be good,

The usual weather at the end of May and early June in the itinerary areas are in the middle to upper 70's (F).

As for "rocking" on Allure...its the most stable ship in the fleet (has stabilizers), and the waters of the Mediterranean are generally much more calm than the Caribbean or Atlantic.

When we were on Oasis (in the Caribbean) ...we could hardly tell we were even on a ship. It's very stable.

The usual weather at the end of May and early June in the itinerary areas are in the middle to upper 70's (F).

As for "rocking" on Allure...its the most stable ship in the fleet (has stabilizers), and the waters of the Mediterranean are generally much more calm than the Caribbean or Atlantic.

When we were on Oasis (in the Caribbean) ...we could hardly tell we were even on a ship. It's very stable.

Thank you,

I am glad that you are enjoying the allure! My family and I are boarding the allure on Aug 23rd! We were actually thinking of going to Paris first too. How long was the train ride and what was the cost? Did you book it online before you arrived in Paris?

Thanks!

Glad you like the Allure and the Jr. suite. We are on her after she returns to US in 9240 in the center hump on deck nine. Any other pro or cons on room. Have been in Jr several times but not on Allure. Also did you get to dine in suite area restaurant on deck 17 for dinner. Bob

That cabin is right next to us. No problems at all .... It's big! I think the JRs are bigger on Oasis class than Voyager .... We had one on Explorer in January. We are very happy with EVERYTHING! No on the Suite Lounge and Coastal kitchen. You need a card to get in and ours didn't work, but we went in to look around when someone happened to be coming out. Personally we weren't all that impressed. Seemed small split up like that and liked when it was the Crown Lounge instead ... But that's just our opinion.

I am glad that you are enjoying the allure! My family and I are boarding the allure on Aug 23rd! We were actually thinking of going to Paris first too. How long was the train ride and what was the cost? Did you book it online before you arrived in Paris?

Thanks!

We took the High Speed Double Deck one and were on the top. We thought it a fun experience! The scenery is amazing! Look up the Man in Seat 61 online and you'll find all kinds of info and where to get tickets. We got ours online before we left. The trip is about 6 hours, but very comfortable and nothing like a 6 hour flight. I can give you more info later but right now I need to get some sleep! Rome tomorrow and we are up early!

Deck cam showing notice that the Aqua theatre has cancelled the 1100hrs show. How bad is the weather? Bet the Crew are missing the Caribbean weather now

Pretty windy and cold .... Not what I like but at least the sun was out today! Hoping for warmer for Rome tomorrow!

Flew from the US last Thursday to Paris for two fabulous days. We took the High Speed Train from Paris to Barcelona for two more amazing days, before boarding the Allure yesterday. So far everything is great! Wonderful meal (at 1/2 price) at Chops last night. Had the Roast Beef sandwich at Central Park when we boarded which was very good and not crowded at all. Luggage came right away, Cabin Steward, Renaldo is awesome. In a JR Suite on the hump, deck 9 and it's great. Saw Headliner Show doing a'Queen' tribute which was very good. Ocean Aria canceled due to weather .... Got rainy and windy last night. Did Windjammer for breakfast and that too was good. GREAT SERVICE EVERYWHERE! All staff friendly, happy, helpful and professional! Now if the wind would die down a little and the temperature warm up a little I'd be even happier! Just an amazing trip so far! :)

I hope you have a wonderful time . can you post information on the day trips you take. Would love to know , , hmm everything. If you have to time to write and add photographs t would be wonderful. Is there formal dining? I signed up for mtd as that is all that shows on my cruise planner for October this year. Do they have a Michael Kors store on the ship?

Where have you go that weather from? AccuWeather long range is showing sunny for Barcelona

Where have you go that weather from? AccuWeather long range is showing sunny for Barcelona

I know! Before we left I saw that on AccuWeather too! Today was sunny but in the wind and shade it was very chilly in Rome! They did not forecast what we experienced the day we boarded in Barcelona ... And especially at sea! However it's still been great, I just like it warmer!

I hope you have a wonderful time . can you post information on the day trips you take. Would love to know , , hmm everything. If you have to time to write and add photographs t would be wonderful. Is there formal dining? I signed up for mtd as that is all that shows on my cruise planner for October this year. Do they have a Michael Kors store on the ship?

I will but just got back to the ship with a full day in Rome that was amazing! Just time now for a quick shower and change for dinner and show. We had Formal night last night and yes, there is a Michael More store on board!