Freedom dining times Azura Xmas

HomelessBear

We've had an email asking us to choose our Xmas Day & New Years Eve dining times as we're on Freedom. There will be 2 sittings - 5.30pm and 8pm.

We've done the Xmas / new year cruise for years and never has it been that early for 1st sitting!! I rang P&O to check if the 5.30pm was a misprint but NO it wasn't!

When I went through the email we also had to choose a table size but no 2 tables were offered.

I guess we'll have to see the Dining Manager when we board to ask if we can have a table for two.

(Please no discussion on whether we are antisocial or whatever wanting this. It's just our preference for personal reasons).

I wonder how they will decide who gets which seating if there are so many wanting one sitting more than the other? Will it be by select or other fare paid? Or by a pin in a sheet of paper? Or a dartboard?

We don't board until late on 23rd as flight not due to arrive in New Orleans until 18.15. Then we'll have to face immigration etc.

Will be interesting to see what we get.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have to say I think this is a better system than we experienced on Ventura where we had to queue days before at Sindhu to select our preference. At least they are doing it in advance. However I agree 5.30 is too early and 8 pm is too late. I think being in Christmas Day mode I would go early.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've had an email asking us to choose our Xmas Day & New Years Eve dining times as we're on Freedom. There will be 2 sittings - 5.30pm and 8pm.

We've done the Xmas / new year cruise for years and never has it been that early for 1st sitting!! I rang P&O to check if the 5.30pm was a misprint but NO it wasn't!

When I went through the email we also had to choose a table size but no 2 tables were offered.

I guess we'll have to see the Dining Manager when we board to ask if we can have a table for two.

(Please no discussion on whether we are antisocial or whatever wanting this. It's just our preference for personal reasons).

I wonder how they will decide who gets which seating if there are so many wanting one sitting more than the other? Will it be by select or other fare paid? Or by a pin in a sheet of paper? Or a dartboard?

We don't board until late on 23rd as flight not due to arrive in New Orleans until 18.15. Then we'll have to face immigration etc.

Will be interesting to see what we get.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

According to the e-mail you will be sorted by the date you booked and if you booked select amongst other factors.

"We would be grateful if you could tell us which time you would prefer to join us in the restaurant. The Restaurant Manager will make every effort to allocate the time and table size of your choice, although please note this cannot be guaranteed. Seating arrangements will be made according to fare type and booking date order."

I think we may eat elsewhere as we did last year, plenty of options and a few extra drinks that night ;):)

We have been talking about this on the Roll Call for this Azura cruise.

We felt that the early time was too early for us in the Caribbean whilst second will still allow everyone chance to see the New Year in and attend the deck party build up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums