Strictly come dancing cruise

smokey01

I've seen a cruise next year for myself and my mother on Ventura (30th April) which is a strictly come dancing cruise. The problem is my mother is a fan and I am not. I am concerned I would be pressured to much into taking her along to see the strictly shows as she is not very good at going along to things on her own.

What sort of times are the shows? I like to make full use of daylight hours either at the pool area or having pre-dinner drinks on the balcony. I wouldn't mind so much if the shows were after the second sitting fixed dining meal but I guess there might be things going on early evening?

I've seen a cruise next year for myself and my mother on Ventura (30th April) which is a strictly come dancing cruise. The problem is my mother is a fan and I am not. I am concerned I would be pressured to much into taking her along to see the strictly shows as she is not very good at going along to things on her own.

What sort of times are the shows? I like to make full use of daylight hours either at the pool area or having pre-dinner drinks on the balcony. I wouldn't mind so much if the shows were after the second sitting fixed dining meal but I guess there might be things going on early evening?

Hi I love SCD but when on a cruise we were not that bothered last year. The main shows are in place of the usual evening professional shows and you get an allocated ticket for those. We returned us as we didn't want to go and didn't want others who did to miss out.

There were other activities during the day but, sorry, I can't remember the times of those.

Though it is a SCD cruise it isn't too OTT and you can take it or leave it. Must admit it was nice to see the costumes all around the ship ... not sure how anyone less than a size 6 got in to them though!!!

I've been on a coulpe of SCD cruises, and you don't have to be a fan. As mentioned above, they usually have displays of the costumes around the ship, but that's it in terms of 'unwanted participation'.

The other shows, as you can imagine, only replace one of the usual 'turns' in the evening.

Hi I love SCD but when on a cruise we were not that bothered last year. The main shows are in place of the usual evening professional shows and you get an allocated ticket for those. We returned us as we didn't want to go and didn't want others who did to miss out.

There were other activities during the day but, sorry, I can't remember the times of those.

Though it is a SCD cruise it isn't too OTT and you can take it or leave it. Must admit it was nice to see the costumes all around the ship ... not sure how anyone less than a size 6 got in to them though!!!

by 'the usual evening professional shows' do you mean the theatre company as opposed to the guest acts? From memory the theatre company shows are about 4 nights out of a 14 night cruise.

regards

On our Ventura Cruise last year I think there were only 3 or 4 shows relating to Strictly. There was a competition where around 6 couples who were passengers competed against each other. I think there was another show in which the professional dancers (Kevin and Karen in this case) danced and there was a late afternoon/early evening Q & A session with the guest judge Craig Revel Horwood. The last Strictly show was ticket only and the tickets were left in our cabin by our steward.

My partner was not familiar with the show before we went on the cruise but has since became a fan. There are lots of alternatives going on in other venues on the ship for those who don't care for SCD.

Edited by whiteheather49