Would P&O do well to offer a British Isles cruise?

kevinyork

I dont drive, I`ve seen a lot of the cities around the UK & Ireland mentioned so far in this thread

I do travel alot around the UK & Ireland for theatre / concerts... Wouldnt it be great to unpack once and get to visit some many lovey cities in one go !

I could go to Edinburgh & Belfast every year and never get bored of either city

Come on P&O listen up !!

Correct me if I'm wrong (haven't read this thread in its entirety) but I believe Oriana has had a British Isles cruise this year and has one scheduled for next year.

I also know that a few Iceland cruises stop off in the British Isles from my parents' cruise this August and the Azura cruise in 2018 but I don't see many cruises where the main selling point is the British Isles.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought they already do offer British Isles crusies. Didn't Britannia go on one in her inagural year?

And I remember going on Arcadia - they'd just been on a Isles cruise and were looking forward to heading back to the Med for a bit of sun.

Yes we did this on Britania in 2015 we did Edinburgh,Inverness, Kirkwall,Glasgow, Liverpool, Dublin Cork And Guernsey good cruise apart from the weather ie texted 2 friends the following "Kirkwall 10 am 10th July 10 degrees pouring with rain" replies Wolverhampton Sunny 23 degrees West london 25 degrees & sunny.

P & O generally do one or 2 of these cruises every year in fact a friend has booked for 2018 on Oriana

Edited by TOMOGP

We did the British Isles cruise on Caribbean Princess in May this year. Got a very good price, if I remember rightly we booked in February. We really enjoyed the cruise and would love to do it again but I would go P & O given a choice.

Incidentally we went straight to Platinum level on Princess as our P&O points transferred over. This gave us certain perks, such as Priority boarding and 250 minutes free internet each. Shame they don't transfer the other way.

We have always done p and o but booked with NCL nxt year as they are starting to sail from southampton as their itinerary and their prices were excellent especially going in kids holidays and free drinks package included

The cruise we have booked is for 15 nights and goes to norway, iceland and also does Orkney Isles, Shetland Isles, Invergordan, Newhaven (edinburgh) and Newcastle.

I am really excited to visit these ports as I have never visited scotland before and have always wanted to.

There is so much I want to see like visiting Loch Ness etc. which I never get the chance to with p and o . As I will be taking my 11 year old daughter and usually the british isles sailings are on adult only ships.

I am a bit apprehensive with trying NCL but will see how it goes

We have always done p and o but booked with NCL nxt year as they are starting to sail from southampton as their itinerary and their prices were excellent especially going in kids holidays and free drinks package included

The cruise we have booked is for 15 nights and goes to norway, iceland and also does Orkney Isles, Shetland Isles, Invergordan, Newhaven (edinburgh) and Newcastle.

I am really excited to visit these ports as I have never visited scotland before and have always wanted to.

There is so much I want to see like visiting Loch Ness etc. which I never get the chance to with p and o . As I will be taking my 11 year old daughter and usually the british isles sailings are on adult only ships.

I am a bit apprehensive with trying NCL but will see how it goes

I'm sure they'll love it. Ours were 9 and 11 when we took them on NCL and it's very different from P&O in that it's much more family oriented and relaxed but it's still a great experience nonetheless.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did a round Britain on Crown Princess and really enjoyed it. We Brits were in the minority and the Americans thought we were very strange going round our own country, but we had never been to Scotland or Ireland before. We loved Belfast and did a wonderful trip on a hoho bus there with a live guide.

My only gripe was that instead of stopping somewhere like Whitby on the east coast, we had to go to le Havre (which was a dump!) so that people could go to Paris (3 hours each way and only 3 hours in Paris!)

As you can see we are doing the round Ireland cruise on Oriana next year, which we are really looking forward to.