Britannia obstructed balcony allocation

zippy12

We are on B633 and are still waiting :eek:

Hi, hello, the cruise before us. Thanks for your comment. [emoji4][emoji4]. Let's keep this going to see what everyone gets in the end. Could be quite interesting. [emoji848][emoji848]

I keep checking the website to see what's left, but I don't think helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We actually got an upgrade even though we booked saver fares.

Could one possibly ask what you booked and what you ended up with. inside/outside/balcony etc.

Lets say you booked an outside..on a saver fare that would be fore/aft low down , so if you ended up higher deck, more midships ,still an outside P and O would not class that as an upgrade, as such, as you would still be in an outsie cabin. If though you went from inside to outside..that would be an upgrade

I beg to differ The English Lady, I booked saver obstructed view for the 9th Oct and have just been upgraded to a not quite so obstructed view! So there :p

The rear most obstructed view cabins over look the tenders, which have an upstairs. So not much view at all. My upgrade overlooks the lifeboats and you can look straight over them, because they are like bungalows, not double decker buses :D

I'm delighted because I would not have been happy looking at a double decker bus. It's taught me a lesson to be more careful with my booking

Could one possibly ask what you booked and what you ended up with. inside/outside/balcony etc.

Lets say you booked an outside..on a saver fare that would be fore/aft low down , so if you ended up higher deck, more midships ,still an outside P and O would not class that as an upgrade, as such, as you would still be in an outsie cabin. If though you went from inside to outside..that would be an upgrade

We booked an obstructed balcony, cheapest of the cheap JB balconies and ended up in E603 which was at the time a HF grade, no obstructed view, mid-aft. Our friends who had never cruised with P&O and booked the same obstructed grade at the same time we did ended up in A628 which was HE aft grade (also an upgrade). They have changed the categories since then. To book the same grade at the moment is £150 more.

I'm still waiting to book my next Britannia cruise as the prices are higher than last year but not selling, looking at travel agents there are still lots of balconies going (they show you the cabins available). The JE category is just there to make the headline price cheap, with all the higher grade balconies not selling they seem to upgrade you to sell the cruise out. Last year if I had waited another month it would have been £100 cheaper, not a lot of people do the first two weeks in December.

Trust me, the balcony grades are dearer and therefore an upgrade. If you pay less than the cabin grade its an upgrade in my eyes, not having a lifeboat in your line of sight and not paying for that privilege is a bargain.

Hope that helps.

Edited by CCFC

Ah as you are quoting grades you must have booked an early saver fare.

With (late) saver fares you can only book a type (inside outside etc)

But presumably even with a late saver if you end up in a cabin in a higher grade than the lowest one, then that can also be considered an upgrade.

By the way this thread is about Britannia which only has insides and balconies.

But presumably even with a late saver if you end up in a cabin in a higher grade than the lowest one, then that can also be considered an upgrade.

By the way this thread is about Britannia which only has insides and balconies.

Theorectically from the customers point of view anything better than what they booked is an upgrade.

I was looking at it from Pandos point of view that a fully obs view to a less obs view they would not class as an upgrade as you still are in the same type.

On Britannia do you get people booking inside saver fares being allocated balconies.

There is another thread from someone who paid a select fare ,spoke to people who had booked saver fares of some type and seemed to be upgraded.

Pando promised that with their select fare you would be in with first dibs for any upgrades. I was just trying to find out if they were circumnavigating that in some way.

Theorectically from the customers point of view anything better than what they booked is an upgrade.

I was looking at it from Pandos point of view that a fully obs view to a less obs view they would not class as an upgrade as you still are in the same type.

On Britannia do you get people booking inside saver fares being allocated balconies.

There is another thread from someone who paid a select fare ,spoke to people who had booked saver fares of some type and seemed to be upgraded.

Pando promised that with their select fare you would be in with first dibs for any upgrades. I was just trying to find out if they were circumnavigating that in some way.

I am interested in this also. On my last cruise I enquired several times, as it got close to sailing date, whether any automatic upgrades for select passengers would be available. I was told not on each occassion yet people who had booked a late saver were given good upgrades. I do not believe they have changed the way they offer upgrades, it would be quite time consuming I would think to administer it. I expect the upgrades are still going to those booking late saver for a guarantee cabin.

I am interested in this also. On my last cruise I enquired several times, as it got close to sailing date, whether any automatic upgrades for select passengers would be available. I was told not on each occassion yet people who had booked a late saver were given good upgrades. I do not believe they have changed the way they offer upgrades, it would be quite time consuming I would think to administer it. I expect the upgrades are still going to those booking late saver for a guarantee cabin.

Surely that is in breach of their booking conditions, where it states under the terms and conditions of select fares 'Priority for complimentary cabin upgrades'.:confused:

Ah as you are quoting grades you must have booked an early saver fare.

With (late) saver fares you can only book a type (inside outside etc)

No, I know what we ended up with and I know what we had as a guarantee, just no cabin number. It was a saver fare.

Edited by CCFC