Caribbean Flight - extra luggage ?

bee-ess

I have done this. If you go to the P&O site and to the help section and put in something like Luggage Allowance you will get information about how to contact the airline. I purchased it through Thomson. From memory you can't do this until something like 3-5 days before the flight. There is a number given to call - at the airline - and then you state how much extra you want to purchase - can't remember the charges - you pay by card and then get an email acknowledgement. When you get to check in at the airport your extra luggage purchase will already be on the computer. I found it really helpful just to have a few extra kilos, especially with packing the evening wear for my husband - black dress shoes are heavy - and large! I think you can do the same with Thomas Cook too - in fact thinking about it I've done it both with Thomson and Thomas Cook at various times.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

An extra question on this subject - we're on the transatlantic next March and are thinking of buying additional baggage allowance. As it's only one way, does anyone have any idea what they change?

I'm assuming it will be half of the figures they quote for a return flight but it would be good to get this confirmed.

By the way, don't suggest we get Premium Economy - we've tried and it's fully booked!:(

An extra question on this subject - we're on the transatlantic next March and are thinking of buying additional baggage allowance. As it's only one way, does anyone have any idea what they change?

I'm assuming it will be half of the figures they quote for a return flight but it would be good to get this confirmed.

By the way, don't suggest we get Premium Economy - we've tried and it's fully booked!:(

The figures quoted on the P&O website are one way only so thats the amount you would pay on the transatlantic. Just looked myself, we are flying Thomas Cook so £40 for extra 10kg, Thomson is £70 😮

The figures quoted on the P&O website are one way only so thats the amount you would pay on the transatlantic. Just looked myself, we are flying Thomas Cook so £40 for extra 10kg, Thomson is £70 😮

We're with Thomson and the prices quoted in the P&O FAQ for Thomson actually says that their prices (as you say £70 for10kg) are based on a return flight. I'm assuming, therefore, that we would pay less for one way (in theory half, but these things don't always seem to work that way!). It doesn't make it as clear for Thomas Cook flights so I'm wondering if they are cheaper because they're one way.

We're with Thomson and the prices quoted in the P&O FAQ for Thomson actually says that their prices (as you say £70 for10kg) are based on a return flight. I'm assuming, therefore, that we would pay less for one way (in theory half, but these things don't always seem to work that way!). It doesn't make it as clear for Thomas Cook flights so I'm wondering if they are cheaper because they're one way.

This is what it says on the P&O website:-

"Thomas Cook Airlines (Fly-Caribbean)

Excess baggage: Available to book at check in. Additional charges can be found in the table below. Please note that charges are one way only."