Watching the Cliff Divers in Mexico ~ Where

OceanDreams

We are cruising on Carnival's Miracle in November doing the Mexican Rivera. This is a 3 port cruise, going to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta. I know that there is cliff divers to watch in Acapulco....but is there any cliff divers to watch in any of the other cities that the ship will be going to?

In Mazatlan it's more of a big rock, nothing like the Acapulco divers you've seen on TV. (google images)

Timing kind of depends on how many tourists are standing around and how much $$ they have collected. Maybe 20-30 minutes between "performances"?

If you take the water taxi in Cabo, it'll stop close to a few rock formations. We saw a few kids jump off some of the larger rocks. Definitely not on the same scale as Acapulco, but you don't have to go out of your way to see them. It's worthwhile taking that water taxi tour and a video camera out on the boat. You see a lot

If you take the water taxi in Cabo, it'll stop close to a few rock formations. We saw a few kids jump off some of the larger rocks. Definitely not on the same scale as Acapulco, but you don't have to go out of your way to see them. It's worthwhile taking that water taxi tour and a video camera out on the boat. You see a lot

My sister is handicapped and uses a walker....do you think she will have a problem getting into the water-taxi's?

My sister is handicapped and uses a walker....do you think she will have a problem getting into the water-taxi's?

When you're on the pier, you'll be helped down into the boat. There's a step down into the seating area, so that part is probably ok. But when you get to the beach, the boat will be rocking slightly and you'll probably use their step ladder on the side to step down into ankle deep water. It's really not ideal to be honest, as you're walking down a few steps facing backwards into the water. I think this might be tricky for her unless someone can carry her off.

When you're on the pier, you'll be helped down into the boat. There's a step down into the seating area, so that part is probably ok. But when you get to the beach, the boat will be rocking slightly and you'll probably use their step ladder on the side to step down into ankle deep water. It's really not ideal to be honest, as you're walking down a few steps facing backwards into the water. I think this might be tricky for her unless someone can carry her off.

Thank you so much for your honest answer. I don't even think we will attempt it.

Thank you so much for your honest answer. I don't even think we will attempt it.

You're very welcome. But another possibility is that you just do the water taxi as a round trip, see everything and ask to come back to the Marina i.e same pickup and drop off point, so you're avoiding stepping back and downwards into anything. And then just take a regular taxi into town or to the beach or just hand around the Marina. Personally I would hunker down at the beach under an umbrella or lounger and have a few drinks and perhaps a regular taxi is the most direct way

• 2 weeks later...

Well done picture. welldone60 As you can see, there is no restaurant at Mazatlan. We were there in March, have been to the city twice. As you pull back you will see a flat area. There may be a few step to get down to that area, but there is no need to go there as you can see everything well from the sidewalk. There are a few vendors and the divers come around collecting money from the crowd after their dive.