Las Caletas Question about shade

JudithLynne

The Las Caletas excursion in PV sounds like something that my husband and I would be interested in. We are booked on a cruise next Feb that will stop in PV. I am sun sensitive and would like to know if umbrellas are provided on the beach or if there are shade trees to block or filter direct sun light? I sure hope so. Of course, I will take sun screen. Thanks for any information.....

Judith

The Las Caletas excursion in PV sounds like something that my husband and I would be interested in. We are booked on a cruise next Feb that will stop in PV. I am sun sensitive and would like to know if umbrellas are provided on the beach or if there are shade trees to block or filter direct sun light? I sure hope so. Of course, I will take sun screen. Thanks for any information.....

Judith

I have been able to stay out of the sun there.

Judith

There are hammocks after the pier in a shady area. Also a few places to grab a drink inland which are also shaded. I didn't see too many umbrellas when we were there last week. On the open water when kayaking or paddle boating, I wore a hat and plenty of sunscreen. It definitely gets hot there. But it's a wonderful excursion, but beach time is too short, especially if you do any of the paid side trips

We may be going there on our Christmas cruise and from what I've read, no, there are no umbrellas there...don't know why and would be curious to know why not. Anyway, I've decided to take one of those small umbrellas that you attach to your beach chair so that I can for sure have some shade. Maybe that would work for you.

Whatever, I hope you have a great visit there!:D

• 2 weeks later...