Is Cabo a tender port?

djwho

It is a relatively short tender ride but can be a long line to get on the tender if like everyone else you wait to the last minute to head back onto the ship. I just hate those short 1/2 day stops

We are cruising to Cabo in Dec. and we were told that although we will be overnighting in Cabo it is not a good idea to spend the night there. The last tender leaves at 6p. The ship then heads out to sea and will only return to port the next morning if it is safe to do so. So if the weather changes and the ship can't get back to port...if you've spent the night there you'd better be prepared to get transport either back to the U.S. or whatever the next port stop is or you'll be stuck in Cabo! Not a bad thing at all...but most people don't plan for that event. Just a heads up because I just learned about this and I was planning on getting a room...but now I wouldn't chance it. You can bet we'll be on line to get back onto that last tender!

We are cruising to Cabo in Dec. and we were told that although we will be overnighting in Cabo it is not a good idea to spend the night there. The last tender leaves at 6p. The ship then heads out to sea and will only return to port the next morning if it is safe to do so. So if the weather changes and the ship can't get back to port...if you've spent the night there you'd better be prepared to get transport either back to the U.S. or whatever the next port stop is or you'll be stuck in Cabo! Not a bad thing at all...but most people don't plan for that event. Just a heads up because I just learned about this and I was planning on getting a room...but now I wouldn't chance it. You can bet we'll be on line to get back onto that last tender!

Kind of defeats the purpose of overnighting, doesn't it?